BotBanish Firewall Client

Started by Randem, November 17, 2017, 11:30:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TurtleKicker

Quote from: Randem on March 08, 2019, 04:39:14 PM
Which MOD did you have installed that had hooks that you wanted to remove. Removing BotBanish hooks would not be good for BotBanish and would cause unpredictable results.
It was a failed install of the Battle mod. It wasn't shown as installed in packages, but it had indeed dumped files, created tables, and installed hooks. It was a broken install and was flooding the error logs, so I had to clean things up manually, part of which involved removing the hooks through the SMF GUI. That's where I discovered BotBanish was blocking that action apparently thinking it was suspicious. By temporarily uninstalling BotBanish I got the leftover Battle hooks removed, then I just re-installed BotBanish.

Randem

Ok, that makes sense. Glad that worked. That issue has been corrected thanks to your feedback.
Scams - How to Protect Yourself
Why Professionals Should Not Use Free Email Accounts

Always ignore those who attempt to tell you what to think and believe those who will allow you think for yourself

maximus23

Quote from: ForumMustang.com on March 08, 2019, 07:21:44 PM
Quote from: Randem on March 08, 2019, 12:23:32 AM
I have uploaded BotBanish 3.2.05 BETA which also works on SMF 2.1 RC1
to the MOD section - https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=4158
and to https://botbanish.com. You can download from either location.
Thank you. The mod was installed successfully without any error, there was nothing displayed in the error logs either but there as a conflict with Tinyportal which stopped work so we had to uninstall Botbanish.

Hi,

Idem for me :)

Version Smf 2.1 RC1.

I have tried this module.

No errors in Smf logs and no errors during installation.

Report : css display error

For Fix replace code for index.tempate --> before by replace.

<search position="before"><![CDATA[<div id="top_section">
]]></search>

<add><![CDATA[
<div id="top_section">';
global $botbanish_hidden_honeypot_link;
echo PHP_EOL . sprintf($botbanish_hidden_honeypot_link) . PHP_EOL;
echo '
]]></add>

Just for information:

No API key for this version?

Identical characteristics if you use an API key?

Thanks.

:)
Pas de support par PM ou Courrier...Veuillez utiliser le forum pour vous avoir une réponse rapide à votre demande d'aide. Merci.
Amitiés et à Bientôt...
No support by PM or Mail...You will get better and faster responses in the support forums. Thank you.
Have a nice day...

Randem

Thanks maximus23,

That was a bit of an oversight. It will be fixed.

A different API Key is for paid versions. There is more functionality in the paid version but the free version is not crippled.

Always ignore those who attempt to tell you what to think and believe those who will allow you think for yourself

maximus23

Quote from: Randem on March 09, 2019, 01:01:54 AM
Thanks maximus23,

That was a bit of an oversight. It will be fixed.

A different API Key is for paid versions. There is more functionality in the paid version but the free version is not crippled.

Ok Thanks :)
Pas de support par PM ou Courrier...Veuillez utiliser le forum pour vous avoir une réponse rapide à votre demande d'aide. Merci.
Amitiés et à Bientôt...
No support by PM or Mail...You will get better and faster responses in the support forums. Thank you.
Have a nice day...

maximus23

French Translation :

Common for 2.0 and 2.1 :

File : Settings_Client.php

Search :

define('BOTBANISH_LANGUAGES', serialize(array('english', 'spanish_latin', 'spanish_latin-utf8')));

Replace by :

define('BOTBANISH_LANGUAGES', serialize(array('english', 'spanish_latin', 'spanish_latin-utf8', 'french', 'french-utf8')));

File : BotBanish_Subs

Search :

$config_vars[] = array('select','BOTBANISH_LANGUAGE_SELECT', array('english', 'spanish_latin', 'spanish_latin-utf8'));

Replace by :

$config_vars[] = array('select','BOTBANISH_LANGUAGE_SELECT', array('english', 'spanish_latin', 'spanish_latin-utf8', 'french', 'french-utf8'));

XML Code Operation :

<file name="$languagedir/Modifications.french.php" error="skip">
<operation>
<search position="end" />
<add><![CDATA[
// BotBanish Settings
$txt['BOTBANISH_ACTIVE'] = '<b>BotBanish Actif</b>';
$txt['BOTBANISH_APIKEY'] = 'Cl&eacute; API pour BotBanish';
$txt['BOTBANISH_SEND_EMAIL_ALERTS'] = 'Envoyer des alertes par courriel si la case est coch&eacute;e / &eacute;crire des alertes dans le journal des erreurs si ce n\'est pas le cas';
$txt['BOTBANISH_CHECK_UPDATES'] = 'V&eacute;rifier automatiquement les mises &agrave; jour (uniquement dans le gestionnaire de paquets)';
$txt['BOTBANISH_RENAME_TABLES'] = 'Renommer les tables install&eacute;es lors de la d&eacute;sinstallation si la case est coch&eacute;e / Supprimer les tables si ce n\'est pas le cas';
$txt['BOTBANISH_LANGUAGE_SELECT'] = 'S&eacute;lectionner la Langue';
$txt['BOTBANISH_DOC_ERRORS'] = 'Surveiller les erreurs de documents de la s&eacute;rie 400 et bloquer les attaques par injection PHP/SQL';
// End of BotBanish Settings
]]></add>
</operation>
</file>

<file name="$languagedir/Modifications.french-utf8.php" error="skip">
<operation>
<search position="end" />
<add><![CDATA[
// BotBanish Settings
$txt['BOTBANISH_ACTIVE'] = '<b>BotBanish Actif</b>';
$txt['BOTBANISH_APIKEY'] = 'Cl&eacute; API pour BotBanish';
$txt['BOTBANISH_SEND_EMAIL_ALERTS'] = 'Envoyer des alertes par courriel si coch&eacute; / &eacute;crire des alertes dans le journal des erreurs si ce n\'est pas le cas';
$txt['BOTBANISH_CHECK_UPDATES'] = 'V&eacute;rifier automatiquement les mises &agrave; jour (uniquement dans le gestionnaire de paquets)';
$txt['BOTBANISH_RENAME_TABLES'] = 'Renommer les tables install&eacute;es lors de la d&eacute;sinstallation si coch&eacute; / Supprimer les tables si ce n\'est pas le cas';
$txt['BOTBANISH_LANGUAGE_SELECT'] = 'S&eacute;lectionner la Langue';
$txt['BOTBANISH_DOC_ERRORS'] = 'Surveiller les erreurs de documents de la s&eacute;rie 400 et bloquer les attaques par injection PHP/SQL';
// End of BotBanish Settings
]]></add>
</operation>
</file>

Files below for 2.0 and 2.1.

:)
Amitiés et à Bientôt...
Have a nice day...

Randem

Thanks maximus23,

I will incorporate the French Language  :)

Randem

All requested and suggested changes have been incorporated in the latest BETA version and is available for download in the MOD section as well as https://botbanish.com

Seyit replikacep.com

deny from 54.36.148.100
deny from 54.36.150.124
deny from 54.36.148.0
deny from 54.36.148.51
deny from 54.36.149.48
deny from 54.36.148.34
deny from 54.36.149.202
deny from 54.36.150.151
deny from 54.36.150.91
deny from 54.36.149.71
deny from 54.36.149.69
deny from 54.36.150.179
deny from 54.36.150.85
deny from 54.36.150.156
deny from 54.36.148.88
deny from 54.36.148.212
deny from 54.36.148.166
deny from 54.36.148.163
Deny from env=bad_bot
deny from 106.38.241.156
deny from 111.202.101.94
deny from 17.58.97.223
deny from 217.73.208.151
deny from 3.82.98.139
deny from 35.192.84.7
deny from 35.227.165.74
deny from 42.236.10.74
deny from 54.213.123.74
deny from 63.143.42.246
deny from 63.143.42.253

cpu attacking bots.

my site is not pressing most of the time

Randem

Aloha Replikacep,

You did not pose a question... The information you posted are IP from BOTS that are attempting to gain access to your site and have been stopped. I can see that you are getting hit from mostly from Roubaix, Hauts-de-France and the IP list is not fluid. Possibly a Cut / Paste issue. Only showing part of the file will not help determine much.

More about some of the bots that are hitting your site (54.36.*.*) - https://ahrefs.com/robot

If you would like this bot to hit your site you can place the domain in the good spider table (useragent - href)

Seyit replikacep.com

Quote from: Randem on March 10, 2019, 02:13:08 PM
Aloha Replikacep,

You did not pose a question... The information you posted are IP from BOTS that are attempting to gain access to your site and have been stopped. I can see that you are getting hit from mostly from Roubaix, Hauts-de-France and the IP list is not fluid. Possibly a Cut / Paste issue. Only showing part of the file will not help determine much.

More about some of the bots that are hitting your site (54.36.*.*) - https://ahrefs.com/robot

If you would like this bot to hit your site you can place the domain in the good spider table (useragent - href)
how to get rid of these boots

TurtleKicker

Unfortunately I had to ultimately uninstall this mod. Not only was it blocking my ping monitor service (unfortunately this mod provides no UI/mechanism for whitelisting), but I was also getting complaints from legit humans that it was blocking them from accessing the site. I was able to recreate this myself when trying to access from certain networks/devices.

Randem

Replikacep,

They are already taken care of by BotBanish and not able to hit your forum. Not sure exactly what you mean.

Randem

TurtleKicker,

A UI is in the Paid version. The free version you would need to manually enter the information in the whitelist.

Could you give a bit more detail on the "certain" networks and devices?

How was BotBanish blocking legit humans? If BotBanish blocked someone by IP, uninstalling BotBanish would not make that go away. That would need to be done manually.

BotBanish does not block devices but will block bad user-agents and multiple bad login attempts. What are the User-Agent that these devices use or what is the domain and IP addresses that were blocked? I can look the information on why they were blocked.

Seyit replikacep.com

Unfortunately, it prohibits normal IP addresses.

me even banladi direct to googleye atti

Randem

You are not giving any detailed information. Normal is very vague and consists of every IP address...
Normal is not what BotBanish blocks.

TurtleKicker

Quote from: Randem on March 10, 2019, 10:09:19 PM
Could you give a bit more detail on the "certain" networks and devices?

How was BotBanish blocking legit humans? If BotBanish blocked someone by IP, uninstalling BotBanish would not make that go away. That would need to be done manually.

BotBanish does not block devices but will block bad user-agents and multiple bad login attempts. What are the User-Agent that these devices use or what is the domain and IP addresses that were blocked? I can look the information on why they were blocked.
Unfortunately I don't have the details at this point. What I can tell you is that Uptime Robot, at least one user on his computer, and me when connecting via the Android version of Firefox all got a white screen when trying to access the forum. Once BotBanish was uninstalled, the site immediately became functional. I cannot resolve the "why" based upon your description of how BotBanish functions... you know the way it operates more than anyone... all I can tell you is the symptoms and that it was 100% related to BotBanish.

My site is in the testing phase and isn't being advertised publicly, however I do have a bunch of users testing it at the moment. I do have SMF enforcing HTTPS, if that matters.

I will say though that it's disconcerting that you say that uninstalling BotBanish won't unblock people. I wouldn't want to install anything that wouldn't properly uninstall itself if needed, especially given the fact that BotBanish is clearly incorrectly blocking legit users. Things need to be cleanly reversible.

Randem

Sorry you are having issues with BotBanish, However it is nothing to be disconcerted about. An IP or User-Agent is placed in your .htaccess file to block these types of users. It would be reckless for ANY program to totally remove things from your .htaccess file especially if there is no way to determine if the program itself placed them there. Of course we do backup the .htaccess file but it would also be reckless for us to blindly restore this backup because others (including the user) may have made changes. This is why it is recommended that you backup your .htaccess file BEFORE installing BotBanish. This is so that if you do not like it you can restore your .htaccess file to the way it was before installation. This is common production practice and should NEVER be ignored. On the installation and on the MOD page we give a strict warning in big red letters about this.

This symptom of white screens may be related to BotBanish but not necessarily caused by BotBanish. We would have heard from our users about something this major. However it may be that BotBanish is conflicting with another MOD and so in uninstalling either MOD the issue would resolve. White screens are a fact of a PHP error that can be caused by almost anything. It would be helpful to look in your PHP Error Log to get the correct problem indicator. This would give you the correct solution not just a reactionary one. If BotBanish is the cause our user know that we correct issues very quickly once they are reported. This is why we ask for detailed information. These issues are not solved by anyone guessing.

We are always happy to help resolve issues but we cannot do that without proper information that would help to do so. This is why we ask for detailed information so the issue can be tracked down. We cannot do this without it. We test BotBanish extensively with no other MODs installed to be sure that BotBanish is not creating more problems than it solves especially white screens.

Randem

With help from our BETA users. We have corrected the issue regarding the white screen and the denial of legitimate users. Please follow our suggestions for further testing.

More details here

Randem

New Update Release of BotBanish 3.2.05 BETA is available for download in the MOD Area or from here

Update Details

Advertisement: