News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

BotBanish Firewall Client

Started by Randem, November 17, 2017, 11:30:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randem

New 3.2.05.03 BETA release of BotBanish has been released to the MOD area. Release History & Contents
Scams - How to Protect Yourself
Why Professionals Should Not Use Free Email Accounts

Always ignore those who attempt to tell you what to think and believe those who will allow you think for yourself

Randem

BotBanish 3.2.0.5 Has been released in the MOD area. Release History & Contents

Always ignore those who attempt to tell you what to think and believe those who will allow you think for yourself

Randem

BotBanish 3.3.00 Coming Soon. It will have website and file download Analytics WITHOUT the BOT traffic. It will give the user the ability to stop spiders / robots from downloading files. Why would a BOT need a download anyway? More info

Randem

BotBanish Version 3.3.00 Released Today with Analytics!

sonnyh

Hi,
Has anyone tried this with the Dani Theme?

sonnyh

I tried to download the current version at: http://botbanish.com - The Ultimate BOT Defender for SMF, OpenCart, WordPress  & Websites
but I receive a 500 error, Page not available.

Also, If I go to: https://randemsystems.com/support/ - Discusware to SMF Converter / BotBanish Support
it sends me to Google.com

Randem

Aloha sonnyh,

We were updating the site, the download selection is working now.
What is your IP? If you go to Google you were locked out. We can remove your IP from the blocked list. In the effort to download you must have triggered the block.

sonnyh

Hi,
IP is 24.148.21.81

Thank you.

Also, do you know if this is compatible with the Dani theme?

Randem

That IP has not been seen by any of our servers, so you have not been locked out.  If you are using a Tor browser, lockouts can happen because the Tor browsers change IP addresses every 10 minutes...

Unknown as to which themes BotBanish will work with. What you can do is to attempt to install it. The Package Manager will tell you if it is compatible code wise. If you get no errors, then you should be good. If you do let us know (possibly a screen shot) and we can look into it.

sonnyh

Ok, I set up a test installation which I will try first:)
I am using the current version of Chrome
Also, the SMF download button takes me to a blank page and nothing else happens.

Randem

Ok, Thanks. Looking into it...

Randem

Download issue fixed. Still updating site...

sonnyh

Got it.
Thanks.

I will probably try to test tomorrow and let you know

sonnyh

Hi,
Uploaded and installed BotBanish.
It is showing under Installed Packages, but I do not see the directory.

Randem

Where would you be expecting the folder to be that you cannot find it? Also why would you need to find it other than how the documentation states to use BotBanish? You have in your main menu a BotBanish selection which should be all that you need to operate it.

sonnyh

Apparently I misunderstood the directions for settings etc on this page: https://randemsystems.com/support/botbanish-for-smf/installation-process-for-simple-machines-forum-(smf)-version/

I see it in the menu line.

Which functions do not work without API?
I can see the flyout for blacklist & whitelist but can not access the listings fro either.
Other than that it seems to work with the Dani Theme.
Looks like I can add it to the main site.

What is involved in obtaining API?
Also, the support button still sends me to Google.

sonnyh

Followup on flyout menu issue.
It appears that the gap between dropdown and flyout is the problem.
Also, how do I remove BotBanisg from my test site before I delete the site?

sonnyh

I installed BotBanish on the main site and everything seems to be working except the Chat Box shows: BotBanish_Subs Hacking attempt...

Also under Analytics there is a warning: Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/wp-load.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/XXXXXXXX/:/tmp:/var/tmp:/usr/local/lib/php/:/usr/local/php56/lib/php/) in /home/XXXXXX/domains/XXXXXX.org/public_html/BotBanish/bot/Scripts/BotBanishAnalytics.php on line 1560 (I have X out sensitive info)

Still have the problem with the Dropdown menu flyout spacing as mentioned above.

Randem

As long as you are an administrator all BotBanish menu options are available, If you are not an Administrator they are not. Do you have WordPress installed on the same domain? That should be the only way you should get an wp-load.php error. If there are old traces of and uncompleted uninstalled WordPress then this will happen also. One other thought, If there are permissions on the file / folder that BotBanish is attempting to access would cause this error.

Removing BotBanish is the same as installing BotBanish, thru the SMF Package Manager...

sonnyh

WordPress is not setup on the site, and I am the admin.
There does not seem to have any unusual permissions set.

Also, the chatbox is showing "BotBanish_Subs Hacking attempt..." and will not work

Advertisement: