News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

BotBanish Firewall Client

Started by Randem, November 17, 2017, 11:30:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonnyh

I tried to reply to your personal message and receive: "User 'Randem' has blocked your personal message."

The ip is: 24.148.21.81

Randem

Ok, I changed my PM settings. Also /home/wp-load.php is where the error message states that the WordPress installation is. Please check your home folder for this file. I will be changing the search criteria so that this will not happen even if WordPress is installed.
Scams - How to Protect Yourself
Why Professionals Should Not Use Free Email Accounts

Always ignore those who attempt to tell you what to think and believe those who will allow you think for yourself

sonnyh

No wp-load.php found.

Any thoughts on the chat box problem?

Randem

Working on it.  I will let you know when I have something for you.

Always ignore those who attempt to tell you what to think and believe those who will allow you think for yourself

Randem

Ok, I see what you mean with the menus. It would have been impossible to visualize with the explanation. It does not work well with your theme in the top main menu. Looking into it.

sonnyh

I found that if you left-click and drag over to the flyout you can then make selections.

Also, when you mouse-over the Analytics button the button text flickers.

I tried to delete some of the whitelisted BOTs and could not.  We really do not want any BOTS on the site.

Randem

That is a strange menu selection. I am moving the BotBanish selection from the main menu to the Features and Options section to see if that make a difference.
Look in your error log, you will find that your themes is causing lots of issues you might want to look into. The reason you can't delete the whitelist spiders was a typo on our part (fixed). Lower case letter instead of uppercase one.

sonnyh

Randem

sonnyh

Nchat.

Looks like it was up for a moment

sonnyh

Can I use wildcard for Blacklisting BOTs?
There are several .googlebot.com that I have found.
Can I use *.googlebot.com to block all?
this one was crawl-66-249-66-214.googlebot.com

Randem

Fake Goggle Bots are automatically blocked by the server. You will need to put in your Blacklist all the good bots that BotBanish does not block I.E. Google, Bing etc... No Wildcards can be used. You can however place googlebot.com in the domain blacklist. That would be how wildcards are utilized.

I downloaded and installed nchat without issue. Your NChat seems to have not installed correctly. There are no setting for nchat in your miscellaneous section. Check where they have gone. It may have a conflict with another mod and BotBanish is catching it.

sonnyh

Ok, I will try to reinstall it

Thank you for all your help

Randem

I also noticed that I installed 1.3.2 and you have version 1.2, that could be something...

sonnyh

Is that 1.3.2 of Nchat?

I uninstalled and installed nChat. no change

Randem

Yes, recently downloaded. You re-installed old version...

sonnyh

Didn't that version in list.

Where can I get it and I will install

Randem

I found out that it would not matter which version you installed. It seems to be coded differently and that is why it shows up as a hacking attempt. It is not running inside SMF and not following structured SMF flow.

Randem

I am adjusting BotBanish to handle that situation better...

Randem

It has been adjusted... NChat is up as far as I can tell...

Advertisement: