News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Upgrading to 2.0.14

Started by ivanr, November 17, 2017, 01:25:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ivanr

I am upgrading from 1.1.21 to 2.0.14

I uploaded the "smf_2-0-14_upgrade.zip" to forum/packages but I do not see the zip file in the packages in teh admin system.

Or do I have to unzip the zip file and upload everything into /forum overwriting all existing SMF forum files. Would nt the upgrade.php run properly as it will lose the server settings from files being overwritten.

I have read he online upgrade manual but am confused on what to do. 

Desperately after help now.
Thanks

Arantor

There are two upgrade packages, one that overwrites all the files (which is the file you have) and one that works in the package manager. You can't use the large package with the package manager.

Get the 2.0.14 package from https://custom.simplemachines.org/upgrades/ and upload that.

Illori

Quote from: Arantor on November 17, 2017, 01:29:58 PM
Get the 2.0.14 package from https://custom.simplemachines.org/upgrades/ and upload that.

they cant use that package of they are upgrading from 1.1.*

ivanr

Just looked at the on-line manual again I have to use the large upgrade and overwrite the existing files.
thanks for your help

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Quote from: ivanr on November 17, 2017, 01:25:57 PM
I am upgrading from 1.1.21 to 2.0.14

I uploaded the "smf_2-0-14_upgrade.zip" to forum/packages but I do not see the zip file in the packages in teh admin system.

Or do I have to unzip the zip file and upload everything into /forum overwriting all existing SMF forum files. Would nt the upgrade.php run properly as it will lose the server settings from files being overwritten.

I have read he online upgrade manual but am confused on what to do. 

Desperately after help now.
Thanks

You're doing fine... yes, overwrite all existing files in the unzipped package, you don't have to worry about overwriting the settings because the the files in the upgrade package do not include Settings.php, no worries, once uploaded, just navigate your browser to the upgrade.php which is located in the forum root directory...

Afterward you'll need to re-install modules
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

Advertisement: