News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

No Email notifications

Started by showngo, November 19, 2017, 01:03:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

showngo

I've noticed that I have not received any emails for notification replied to a  topic. I am getting emails out from the server for new member, email verification, but not anything else. Is this a setting in simple machine forms that I can check. I have not seen any errors in the error log for this.  Under "mail" it is set for Default php.

Arantor

I assume you're actually opted into such notifications? It's per topic or per board, not global.

showngo

Yes, "notify"  for new posts in a topic or board.

And set for instant in my profile to be notified.

I am not the only member not getting them.

Arantor

showngo

Quote from: Arantor on November 19, 2017, 05:31:54 AM
Are you using the mail queue?

No.    It should be all the same setup from when it was working.  I have not made any changes myself.

showngo

Okay,  I created a whole new forum, in a different directory, new name, new database. (Totaly new, empty with a new name and users)

In the new forum, i checked notify. Created a second user and posted.  STILL NO NOTIFICATION.

This leads my to think its on the server side.
Im with Godaddy.  Any suggestions on what to do, say, or ask if i try to fix it or call support.

showngo

What outgoing mail does the forum use?
I am set to PHP as a default, I get mail forwarded through my server, I am just getting NO notifications at all.  No posts notifications or Email verification for new members.

showngo

I just found out that "report to moderator" is also not sending emails.  Ugh.

showngo

Nothing in the error logs, only set for the default PHP and the servers outgoing mail works fine.

Might just wipe out SMF and reinstall

showngo

Okay, now I am scratching my head.   
If I click on a profile name,  click the email icon,.    I can type and SEND an email.

But still no notifications or emails for verifying an account for membership.

showngo

Things were working a week ago, not much has changed other than 2.0.15 update

Okay.  NO ONE is getting notifications for "notify" , Nothing for email verifications at registration, no emails for Admin notifications and no "report to moderator" emails.

I can send email to a profiles email through the forum, Email forwarders are working from outside, AND the test for .php does work

Packages
1.   SimplePortal   2.3.5                                 [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
2.   Who Downloaded Attachment   1.0.5           [ Install Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
3.   AdditionalMembergroups   1.04                 [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
4.   Recent Forum Topics Boardindex   1.0      [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
5.   WYSIWYG Quick Reply   2.3                     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
6.   SMF 2.0.15 Update   1.0                                             [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
7.   SMF 2.0.14 Update   1.0                                             [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
8.   Simple Audio Video Embedder   4.2.1          [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]

I am at a loss    Godaddy also did the php test and said it is not on their end. 
Other than reinstalling SMF I have no clue on where to look further.

showngo

If a Moderator can change the Topic   I GOT THE ANSWER / SOLUTION

My domain was blocked at the server.   HOWEVER the direct testmail.php that I read to do and direct SMTP mail worked because it was not generated my my SFM forum, it was server generated.

There was some mass spamming in November and that is what triggered my forum.   It is also why the same Database on a different server (My test forum to not screw up the real one) was sending out notifications.
This is on a Godaddy host.

Thank you everyone here.  The support for us newly learning members is outstanding.

Advertisement: