News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMF 2.0.14 + Simpleportal Maintenance mod problem.

Started by Adam Bryant, November 19, 2017, 02:30:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam Bryant

Hello. Before is starting to write my problem, i want to apoliogize about my english skill. I live in hungary, and the English Education system, not the best here. Thank you.

The problem: I installed the SMF 2.0.14 and Simpleportal 2.3.7. I made a forum for the Role Play server, so i make Admin1,2,3,4, Admin Controller membergroups. I want to set who can see the forum While the maintenance mod activated, so i donwloaded the "Allow Access in Maintenance mod" I set the privileges correctly, but the problems started here.. The user logged succesfully to the server, but he Did't see the main page, just the Forum section. He couldn't see the Blocks, etc etc...

Dzonny

Hello there.

Are you sure that that membergroup is allowed to see portal, with or without maintenance mode on? If so, I would say it would be best to post in mods support topic.

Adam Bryant

No. The "Allow Acces in Maintenance mod" a "privilege" what i have to check in the privileges section. If i check, the membergroup can log in to the forum while the maintenance mod is active. But when i install the Simpleportal mod, he can log in, to the forum, but he cant see the main page, just the forum, search, help, profile, memberlist etc etc..

br360

What Dzonny is saying is that it's possible that you haven't set the permissions for Simple portal correctly and allowed certain membergroups to see the portal. Remember, you need to set portal permissions for each portal block.

Check permissions, and if there are still issues, your best bet would be to post in the Simple portal support topic

Illori

sounds like the mod is not coded to work with the portal mod you are using. you need to post in one of the mods support topics as this is an issue with one or both of them.

Advertisement: