News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

2.0.15 login issue

Started by pocttopus, November 21, 2017, 09:46:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pocttopus

Hello folks,

This issue was in 2.0.14 and still exist in 2.0.15 when I want to login into the forum.
Any advice how to solve it?

Arantor

Do you have a quick login form on a portal somewhere?

pocttopus

If the login form in header is quick login, than yes.
I don't know if there is another quick login option available.

Arantor

pocttopus

Yes, Simple Portal 2.3.7

On previous version from smf 2.0.13 everything was fine, after 2.0.14 something happened. :(

Arantor

And did you add the login thing from SimplePortal?

Because it could be a SP bug, or it could be a bug in your theme from not having applied 2.0.14 correctly (or possibly 2.0.15) but I don't know which without knowing how you're actually trying to log in...

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: pocttopus on November 21, 2017, 10:18:45 AM
If the login form in header is quick login, than yes.

Looks like you're running Curve theme, if not switch to Curve and see if login works.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

drewactual

i had a running firefight with this all through the 2.0.14, and a post by Sir Osis of Liver pointed me in the right direction... but...

there is another place not spoken of where the 'fix' of adding the sessions script is needed- or, at least it solved the issue for my forum once and for all... it's in (drum roll) loginout.template.php .... 

Kindred

Except removing that sessions check is not a good choice
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

pocttopus

Quote from: Arantor on November 21, 2017, 02:00:35 PM
And did you add the login thing from SimplePortal?

Because it could be a SP bug, or it could be a bug in your theme from not having applied 2.0.14 correctly (or possibly 2.0.15) but I don't know which without knowing how you're actually trying to log in...

No, I haven't enabled any option from SimplePortal to login.
https://forum.mkreef.com/index.php

Sir Osis of Liver

Does the login window work?  Does header login work in Curve?  If you disabled session check in LogInOut.php, you may have to remove that edit before patching from .14 -> .15.

- R. Waters

pocttopus

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on November 22, 2017, 12:10:44 PM
Does the login window work?  Does header login work in Curve?  If you disabled session check in LogInOut.php, you may have to remove that edit before patching from .14 -> .15.

Login page is not working.
I can login from home page only on the left side of the header.

drewactual

by my adjusting the loginout.template, to my knowledge i added the sessions check, no?  it's working fine now, either way, and i haven't had errors in the log with folks having issues w/ login2... well, i had two but i reached out to them and they said it was on them and not the machine.

pocttopus

Quote from: drewactual on November 22, 2017, 12:57:24 PM
by my adjusting the loginout.template, to my knowledge i added the sessions check, no?  it's working fine now, either way, and i haven't had errors in the log with folks having issues w/ login2... well, i had two but i reached out to them and they said it was on them and not the machine.
I don't understand what you actual do with session check? ???

Sir Osis of Liver

The original login problem in the .14 patch affected custom themes, and required manually adding session check to header login in index.template.php.  That will not affect .15 patch.  Disabling session check in LogInOut.php was for a different problem that only affected a few forums, possibly due to odd server configuration.  It may or may not bork .15 upgrade, I don't currently have access to an affected forum, but would be a good idea to revert to original code before patching to .15.

- R. Waters

drewactual

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on November 22, 2017, 09:36:50 PM
The original login problem in the .14 patch affected custom themes, and required manually adding session check to header login in index.template.php.  That will not affect .15 patch.  Disabling session check in LogInOut.php was for a different problem that only affected a few forums, possibly due to odd server configuration.  It may or may not bork .15 upgrade, I don't currently have access to an affected forum, but would be a good idea to revert to original code before patching to .15.

and just so I'm thoroughly covering this if there are any users here paying attention:  I confused loginout.php with login.template.php... I had added the sessions check to login.template and DID NOT alter loginout.php at all... I was required to change it back prior to using the installer, but it was just that one line for the entire update package.

pocttopus

So what are my options now? :-\
I don't understand you clearly.  ???

drewactual

in your theme's index.template.php, you should have:
echo '
               <input type="hidden" name="hash_passwrd" value="" />
            </form>';

replace it with:

echo '
               <input type="hidden" name="hash_passwrd" value="" />
<input type="hidden" name="', $context['session_var'], '" value="', $context['session_id'], '" />
            </form>';

depending on what modifications you have, you're going to want to find where there are login forms... the script change is going to be the same as above for each of them.

the one i was speaking of is/was in the default theme directory, and in the login.template.php file... i did the same thing there i did to the login script in the index.template.php file... if you're using some sort of portal mod, and it has it's own login form embedded in it, you're going to want to change it there too...

disclaimer: I have had 2.0.15 running for a total of about three hours now, and haven't dug through all the changes, yet, to see if these things were addressed.. there is no harm in trying this- and if it doesn't recover what you need it to (function) simply change it back...

pocttopus

I will try this, thanks. :)
One other thing, I am running two different SMF (2.0.15) forum softwares on the same ISP and one is having issue with login, the other is fine.  ???

drewactual

mods and packages, themes and other customization's cause these things... something get's handled minutely differently- one could be clean installed @ 2.0.12, where another was @ 2.0.08 or some such, and causes a hangover.

Advertisement: