Intermittment: I unable to reach your site from a particular IP address

Started by aegersz, February 11, 2018, 05:58:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aegersz

Hi, I am unable to access this site from a specific address but i have never had such problems before.

sometimes the page loads and sometimes it doesn't.

if i use your public IP then i can't log in.

it just hangs for a while and then it may say the site in unreachable.

am i the only one experiencing difficulty and what do you suggest please ?
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

aegersz

I don't want to use the IP as I only tried that when i thought it was a DNS issue.

So when I COME from a particular IP address, weird stuff happens - slow network loads etc.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Kindred

Sounds like a problem in your network connection since I have not seen any issues lately
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Illori

i have seen the forum loading slow on first load and then the remaining pages load quickly. wait a while and it repeats.

aegersz

many times, it gives me: ERR_TIMED_OUT

I have a few IP's that I can access from so I have to bounce around them.

LiroyvH

It might be trying to connect to an offline webserver, your browser is supposed to mark it as unresponsive and move on to the next and keep using that for a while. If it doesn't, which is strange and non-default behaviour, you'll get a connection error.
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

ARG01

For what it's worth, this is the first time I have been able to connect to SMF today. The site would not load at all for me for about seven hours. Seems fine now.
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Sir Osis of Liver

It's lagging again, pretty badly right now.  Was slow yesterday, a lot worse tonight.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Sir Osis of Liver

It's erratic, right now it's quick.  Odd thing is it's reporting fast page loads even when it's slow.  All other sites loading normally.

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 12 queries.
Page served by: 10.0.100.135 (10.0.100.114)

Closer to 15 sec.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

LiroyvH

((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

SleePy

Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

aegersz

Advertisement: