News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Copyright moving about.

Started by lurkalot, February 25, 2018, 12:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurkalot

Noticed the copyright at the bottom of page moves about quite bit on here, even  when I don't see the ads.

Sir Osis of Liver

I usually see it like your first screenshot.  Ad blockers usually adjust page formatting to compensate for missing ads, but results seem to vary, maybe depending on dimensions of ad.

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

-Rock Lee-

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on February 25, 2018, 09:26:18 PM
I usually see it like your first screenshot.  Ad blockers usually adjust page formatting to compensate for missing ads, but results seem to vary, maybe depending on dimensions of ad.

It depends on which blocker and explorer you are using ... It depends on which blocker and explorer you are using ... I do not usually use it in SMF but in other pages it regularly compensates for gaps (I use Adblockplus with mozilla and chrome).

Regards!

Add: Sorry for my bad English :-[
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

Sir Osis of Liver

I'm using IE11 tracking protection, it reformats basically the same as adblockplus (without the overhead).
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

lurkalot

I don't use ad blocking.  Some of those ads show, some don't. 

Glad it's not just me though.  Also wouldn't you think they would update the language file by now, it's still showing 2015 in the copyright as mentioned ages ago.

d3vcho

Quote from: lurkalot on February 26, 2018, 02:37:45 AM

Glad it's not just me though.  Also wouldn't you think they would update the language file by now, it's still showing 2015 in the copyright as mentioned ages ago.

Weird. It shows 2017 for me.

By the way are you using FireFox as browser?
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

Illori

each language file has its own copyright year in it, if the site team has not updated the files the year will not update.

lurkalot

Quote from: d3vcho(void) on February 26, 2018, 09:03:26 AM
Quote from: lurkalot on February 26, 2018, 02:37:45 AM

Weird. It shows 2017 for me.

By the way are you using FireFox as browser?

I'm using various browsers due to testing stuff, but IE11, Edge, Firefox, Chrome, which ever one I have fired up at the time.  ;)

Advertisement: