News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Unsubscribe from newsletter

Started by Uncle666Sam, November 22, 2017, 03:57:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

-Rock Lee-

Quote from: Gwenwyfar on November 26, 2017, 07:42:22 AM
Maybe the welcome/activation email, I doubt anyone will read it on the agreement. Could note about the 10-post limitation as a whole as there is so much confusion over it.
I personally read it almost always because I have time I also want to collaborate, instead, someone wants a quick support simply do not bother reading and everything not related to what you seek is considered spam. In my opinion the newsletters SMF provides are the lowest 3 of all that I receive (in my personal email) since I have an alternate to avoid the massive spam of some pages send, I had to learn the bad with time and some do it without informing users about it ... but without leaving so much of the central theme in which I receive it seems very useful because sometimes I can not access the page and read the news such as updates to the forum it is important to apply as soon as possible! ... but is that not changed in the profile or can it be confusing things?

Regards!
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

mojpoj

I'm very dissappointed  >:( that I get security update (patch) emails and there is no way to unsubscribe (that I can see).

There's this from the email...

Quote-- please note --
This e-mail is not spam and is non-commercial. You are receiving this e-mail because you have registered at our online community and opted in to receive information e-mails on new (security) releases such as these and/or other notifications, on this email address ([email protected]). If you do not wish to receive these e-mails in the future, please login to the community forum at https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php, and in your profile under Notifications select that you do not wish to receive the newsletter any longer. Thank you

But my profile page has NO "Notifications" section.  Was this removed?

I don't have any SMF installations running, so I don't care to get the notifications.  I didn't start getting these until recently, although I've been a member for over 3 years.

Does anyone have a fix, a simple link in the email (as required by the CAN-SPAM act) or a reply with "remove" in the subject line would also work.

I hate the one of my beloved PHP tools can't properly handle unsubscribe and I have to make a whole post about it.

Irisado

Merged to existing topic on this subject.

It was not removed.  You need ten posts to be able to modify your profile.  The fix is that an administrator will take of this for you.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

eDNA

Instead of a simple unsubscribe link, you are forcing users to log in and manually unsubscribe from your news letter.
You say that  "If you do not wish to receive these e-mails in the future, please login to the community forum at https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php, and in your profile under Notifications select that you do not wish to receive the newsletter any longer. "

First of all the comma after the link makes the link not display. And second, after 20 minutes of looking I can't find Notifications section on my account. Please do what everyone else does and offer a simple unsubscribe link instead of frustrating users by making them jump through hoops to unsubscribe from your news letter.

Sir Osis of Liver

Oddly, I never receive notifications or newsletters from this forum.

The setting is in Profile -> Modify Profile -> Notifications ->  Receive forum newsletters, announcements and important notifications by email

It's enabled in my profile.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

vbgamer45

I agree the process needs to be better. A link to unsubcribe with a page to confirm would be the best. I do it one of my paid mods.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

jcgo16

If you do not wish to receive these e-mails in the future, please login to the community forum at https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php, and in your profile under Notifications select that you do not wish to receive the newsletter any longer. Thank you!

I cant seem to find it

Suki

There is a 10 post requirement to get access to that setting (spam purposes), just reply to this message and you should be able to see it :)
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

SleePy

Quote from: MartinRJ on November 25, 2017, 10:41:15 PM
Please unsubscribe me from the newsletter.
Quote from: mojpoj on November 26, 2017, 09:34:21 AM
I'm very dissappointed  >:( that I get security update (patch) emails and there is no way to unsubscribe (that I can see).

[...]

But my profile page has NO "Notifications" section.  Was this removed?
Quote from: jcgo16 on November 28, 2017, 06:45:10 PM
If you do not wish to receive these e-mails in the future, please login to the community forum at https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php, and in your profile under Notifications select that you do not wish to receive the newsletter any longer. Thank you!

I cant seem to find it
I've made sure to uncheck the option to receive notifications from your profiles.

We do realize this is an issue and the problem stems from curving spammers and having to limit options for the profile edits.  At this time, the easiest thing is to simply request removal and we will take care of it.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Gwenwyfar

I think this information about the 10 posts limit should be displayed somewhere. Maybe even at the profile of those under 10 posts. Not everyone will read it but we get this kind of confusion/complaint very often, and that's just the ones who speak out (there's always many more users that just never bother to say anything). For the ones who miss it we can still say "it's there" :P
"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

BlindWolf8

Hello,
I registered a long time ago (probably somewhere in the area of 9 years) and would like notifications turned off for security releases.

Thanks!

SleePy

Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

BlindWolf8

simplebeer

Is there allready a solution for the 10 post limit?
Sorry for my poor English, but i think it's probably better then your Dutch :)

-Rock Lee-

Quote from: simplebeer on February 22, 2018, 03:50:11 AM
Is there allready a solution for the 10 post limit?

The possible solution layers is to try to write more than 10 topics? ... It may be my thought but there is reason a little and one realizes why this limitation is :-[

Regards!

Steve

@ simplebeer - A solution insinuates there's a problem, which there isn't. ;) But in answer to your question, there have been no final decisions on altering or replacing the 10 post limit that I'm aware of.

@ Rock Lee - No offense but I have a hard time understanding you sometimes, like the last part of your post.

-Rock Lee-

Quote from: Steve on February 23, 2018, 03:12:26 PM
@ Rock Lee - No offense but I have a hard time understanding you sometimes, like the last part of your post.

I give the reason I have this problem for the way I write and certainly the way of speaking Argentine makes it more difficult to express the same in English...

Regards!

Steve

-Rock Lee-

Quote from: Steve on February 24, 2018, 09:24:33 AM
I knew that. :)

Hi from the U.S. :D

But you will not help me in these parts, I just have to try a little harder. I'll go to the USA some day, but while trying to improve English. :D

Regards!

Advertisement: