News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

PHP 7.1.11

Started by zappaDPJ, November 22, 2017, 07:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zappaDPJ

Can someone kindly confirm if SMF v2.0.15 is compatible with PHP v7.1.11.

Arantor

No one as far as I know has definitively tested all of SMF 2.0.14 or .15 on PHP 7.1

There are unconfirmed reports that certain search functions may not work on 7.1 but it's not clear if that's 7 and 7.1 or just 7.1. (Likely both)

zappaDPJ

Quote from: Arantor on November 22, 2017, 07:33:38 AM
No one as far as I know has definitively tested all of SMF 2.0.14 or .15 on PHP 7.1

There are unconfirmed reports that certain search functions may not work on 7.1 but it's not clear if that's 7 and 7.1 or just 7.1. (Likely both)

Thanks, I wasn't aware of that. May I ask what version of PHP you would recommend using?

Arantor

Me personally, I'd actually stick to 5.6 on the basis that even though the core might support 7, lots of addons are still not entirely ready.

zappaDPJ

Quote from: Arantor on November 22, 2017, 09:59:57 AM
Me personally, I'd actually stick to 5.6 on the basis that even though the core might support 7, lots of addons are still not entirely ready.

Thank you, your advice is much appreciated :)

vbgamer45

I have been running the latest php 7.1 across all smf sites and haven't seen any issues
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

@rjen

Quote from: vbgamer45 on November 22, 2017, 11:09:13 AM
I have been running the latest php 7.1 across all smf sites

So have I. My site is on php 7.1 since this summer on SMF 2.0.14 and now on 2.0.15.

Just a few 'issues' with Mods that I needed to fix myself:
- Tinyportal
- shoutbox

and this one in SMF

Quoteadmin menu search method: '[] operator not supported for strings' :
Bestand: ./Sources/ManageSearch.php

Code: (Find) [Selecteer]

$context['fulltext_index'] = '';
        if ($request !== false || $smcFunc['db_num_rows']($request) != 0)

Code: (Replace) [Selecteer]

$context['fulltext_index'] = array();
        if ($request !== false || $smcFunc['db_num_rows']($request) != 0)
Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

zappaDPJ

Quote from: vbgamer45 on November 22, 2017, 11:09:13 AM
I have been running the latest php 7.1 across all smf sites and haven't seen any issues

Quote from: @rjen on November 22, 2017, 11:15:55 AM
So have I. My site is on php 7.1 since this summer on SMF 2.0.14 and now on 2.0.15.

We don't yet have a compelling reason to upgrade past version version 5.6 but I will certainly refer back to what's been posted here when we do. Thanks for the info :)

vbgamer45

For me it is speed/performance which also affects SEO.  I had an article on it here https://www.smfhacks.com/index.php/topic,9403.0.html
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Arantor

I think it also depends on your mods; TinyPortal needed some serious updates earlier in the year to make it work properly on 7.

Advertisement: