News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

2.0.14 to 2.0.15 upgrade, database different version error

Started by Captkaos, November 22, 2017, 08:53:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captkaos

Ran the update from 2.0.14 to 2.0.15 and I am getting the following error:

Unknown system variable 'version_comment'
File: /var/....../73-87chevytrucks.com/smforum/Sources/Subs-Admin.php
Line: 80

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0.15, while your database is at version 2.0.9. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

Illori

Captkaos

It was installed via Package Manager as I have done for all the 2.0 updates.

Captkaos

Any ideas?  I no longer have access to the Admin portion of the site due to this error?
Should I be posting this somewhere else?

Shambles

Quote from: Captkaos
Unknown system variable 'version_comment'
File: /var/....../73-87chevytrucks.com/smforum/Sources/Subs-Admin.php
Line: 80

What's on line 80 of that file? Perhaps you could attach it in your next post.

I just checked my 2.0.14 & .15 installations and do not have that system variable (or index) anywhere.

shawnb61

Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Captkaos

This is the function from the file below.  I attached  a list of mods installed.

// Now lets check for the Database.
if (in_array('db_server', $checkFor))
{
db_extend();
if (!isset($db_connection) || $db_connection === false)
trigger_error('getServerVersions(): you need to be connected to the database in order to get its server version', E_USER_NOTICE);
else
{
$versions['db_engine'] = array('title' => sprintf($txt['database_server'], $smcFunc['db_title']), 'version' => '');
80 $versions['db_engine']['version'] = $smcFunc['db_get_engine']();

$versions['db_server'] = array('title' => sprintf($txt['support_versions_db'], $smcFunc['db_title']), 'version' => '');
$versions['db_server']['version'] = $smcFunc['db_get_version']();
}
}

Edit: please use code tags when posting code. Thanks. ~ Steve

shawnb61

What version of MySQL are you running?

You can view this under Admin | Support & credits. 

Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Captkaos

I cannot get to the setting on the server.  When I go to my hosting is shows:  Database client version: libmysql - 5.0.83

shawnb61

I believe the proper fix is to patch/upgrade your MySQL version.  Is this feasible?

Captkaos

I could have the hosting company upgrade it.  What would be the min required.  I am on a share hosting server.

shawnb61

Note there may be no rush - ONLY THE FIRST TWO admin functions make this call - things like administration center, support & credits. 

Package manager and News/Newsletters will work, and I believe everything else under Configuration, Forum, Members & Maintenance. 

Give it a shot.  This may not be very limiting at all... 

(edit - made some corrections above - news works...)

Captkaos

Yes only the top 2 functions will not work from what I have found.  Waiting on the hosting company to stop putting me through a round of questions and just upgrade.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Hi, have you been able to sort this out? The database version error most commonly does not mean there is anything wrong with the database actually, but with that large a gap it might be worth to try running the latest upgrade.php to get rid of that part of the error message ( of course, back up first when ever about to mess with anything related to the database. )
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Captkaos

Not yet, My hosting company won't allow me to run the update on the existing server so I need to somehow put it in maint mode to make it so nothing new shows up and then migrate and then upgrade.
Hoping to do this over the holidays.  Will report back when successful or if I have other issues.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

rawbert

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on December 21, 2017, 06:11:53 AM
Hi, have you been able to sort this out? The database version error most commonly does not mean there is anything wrong with the database actually, but with that large a gap it might be worth to try running the latest upgrade.php to get rid of that part of the error message ( of course, back up first when ever about to mess with anything related to the database. )

Where can I find the latest upgrade.php?
I've been searching all over but can't find it anywhere.

Arantor

You don't need to run upgrade.php if you're going from SMF 2.0.14 to SMF 2.0.15 - there are no database changes to make.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Yeah, I wasn't sure when the last DB changes were made when I made my last reply, but I have also since learned that there haven't been any in 2.0.X :)
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Captkaos

Hosting company copied the database to the Upgraded server/db over the vacation holiday and everything appears to be functioning fine.

Advertisement: