News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

ModSecurity Vendors

Started by lord alibaski, November 24, 2017, 04:02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lord alibaski

Question regarding these Vendors, I had a few problems on my forum with the dreaded

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server.
Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

When someone tried to either modify or leave a big reply. I searched on here and found it was a security mod causing the issue so I went into my server and disabled the security mod (host knowing about this after I told them and they are also  looking into a different one for me as well) the problem mod was Imunify360, they have got back to me and said they can replace it with CSF (Configserver Firewall) anyone use this on their server and is your forum working ok with it!

or anyone got any other ideas they have also mentioned Comodo WAF and if I need help I should really visit Comodo for help.

Any advice and help on this would be appreciated.

lord alibaski

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

lord alibaski

Hi VB

I can edit the file myself but it already contains this inside it

<ifModule mod_gzip.c>
mod_gzip_on Yes
mod_gzip_dechunk Yes
mod_gzip_item_include file .(html?|txt|css|js|php|pl)$
mod_gzip_item_include handler ^cgi-script$
mod_gzip_item_include mime ^text/.*
mod_gzip_item_include mime ^application/x-javascript.*
mod_gzip_item_exclude mime ^image/.*
mod_gzip_item_exclude rspheader ^Content-Encoding:.*gzip.*
</ifModule>

Do I remove this or just add the new script underneath? or shall I just pass this information onto my host which is fully managed.

vbgamer45

Just add it underneath.
I would pass it on to the host. Since host could disable mod_security for your account as well.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

lord alibaski

I've enabled mod security and added that underneath soon as I try to modify a post the 403 error comes up again, soon as I disable it it works perfectly fine.

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

lord alibaski

Me too m8, me too.

Though the host want to register with comodo and tell them it's a false positive and see if they can help me bypass that false positive. I'm going to register an account over at comodo and see what they say.

lord alibaski

Well I registered with COMODO left a message on their forum, opened a ticket with them and still not heard back from them regarding the issue of mod security stopping users from posting or editing topics on the forum, the thing is still disabled and will remain disabled.

Advertisement: