News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

User ID

Started by msPaula, November 24, 2017, 04:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

msPaula

I have a small board but got spammed by a group of people that upped the board user id to over 1790. I would like to lower this don to a reasonable number that reflects the board. I looked into the database to see where this number for last or next id is stored but can not find it. Can someone point into the right place please.

I am using SMF 2.0.15.

Paula

Illori

we really dont recommend manually changing values like this unless you know what you are doing. most people will never notice anyway.

msPaula

I do know my way around SQL and have several years experience programing in several languages both professionally and for fun. My HTML and CSS knowledge has been strictly for fun. I assume the code does a increment then save to new member or get for new member then increment. Therefore I see little risk in setting this number to a reasonable value as it drives me up the wall when I see it.

Paula

Steve

We have some experts that should respond then but keep in mind that it's a holiday weekend (in the U.S.) so you might need to be patient. :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

Sir Osis of Liver

Not an expert, but if you have legitimate members with id_member above the new max value you set, bad things may happen.  Having said that, I believe the value you are looking for is latestMember in _settings table.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

msPaula

Already taken the member ID's to a reasonable order and I thank you

msPaula

That is the last member count but not the last ID but I do thank you for you input

I see you are a bud lover you should try a good Aussie beer XXXX Gold lol

Paula

Arantor

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on November 24, 2017, 08:40:25 PM
Not an expert, but if you have legitimate members with id_member above the new max value you set, bad things may happen.  Having said that, I believe the value you are looking for is latestMember in _settings table.

Actually mostly not. Setting the AUTO_INCREMENT Lowe will just make the next value to be the next lowest legitimate value but relying on that behaviour is a bad idea because referential integrity is a thing.

It's a good thing SMF doesn't use constraints, that'd really mess it up.

Advertisement: