News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Info about function search

Started by -Mirco-, November 25, 2017, 10:12:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

-Mirco-

Hello guys  :D
I need an info about function Search.

Is that available, in some ways, in topic?

In topic with a great number of pages can be a good utility do a text search of something that you want look.

If is not available in standard SMF version, are there plugin or other ways to add it?

Thanks in advance.

shawnb61

Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

-Mirco-

Thanks, but seems to not work with my Exodus Template, in installation step skip it :(

-Rock Lee-

Quote from: -Mirco- on November 25, 2017, 11:25:03 AM
Thanks, but seems to not work with my Exodus Template, in installation step skip it :(

You have to adapt it to work correctly with your theme, in what files did you give an error?

Regards!
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

-Mirco-

Hi, thx for reply.

Fail on index.template.php:

Steve

Do you not have a search box at the upper right of every page? Using it while looking at a topic will search in that topic.
DO NOT pm me for support!

-Mirco-

You have reason mate.
I will continue in this way!
Thx

Steve

Marking solved then. If you have any other questions regarding this topic, by all means, mark this unsolved and let us know. :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

shawnb61

There is something to be said about the search focus mod, though.  I was routinely explaining the implied search scope to folks. 

It's nice to have the scope visible.
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Advertisement: