Is there a way to remove the login boxes on Forum so will only be seen on portal

Started by SaltedWeb, November 27, 2017, 02:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaltedWeb

Is there a way to remove the login boxes on Forum so will only be seen on portal?

I am wondering is there a way to remove the log in boxes on the forum?
I realize it will not remove those two lines login and register typed and I am ok with that.
But to make the forum look more clean I would like the Login/reg to be on the portal front only and
not have a redundant one on the forum?

Just a note I am not looking to disable bots, or anyone else that may find registration, guest login or otherwise.
Just the two boxes the Login button and the words under saying " Login with username, password and session length "

Yes I realize the other register and login type will remain, this is purely for aesthetics, so one entering portal and then access the
forum does not see the boxes and entries as mentioned.  i realize also those logged in wont see them obviously however I will
have some specific areas guest will see on the forum so wanting to remove the redundancy and only have the login show on the portal.
So looking for specifically where in SMF those could be removed.

Hope this makes sense . Thanks.

SW
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

vbgamer45

You would have to edit the template's index.template.php and remove the code
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

SaltedWeb

Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

vbgamer45

It depends on theme you just have to take the content of the login form out <form> to </form>
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

SaltedWeb

Ok appears to be this below. I found the area you mentioned thank you looks like its working.

<form id="guest_form" action="', $scripturl, '?action=login2" method="post" accept-charset="', $context['character_set'], '" ', empty($context['disable_login_hashing']) ? ' onsubmit="hashLoginPassword(this, \'' . $context['session_id'] . '\');"' : '', '>
               <div class="info">', $txt['login_or_register'], '</div>
               <input type="text" name="user" size="10" class="input_text" />
               <input type="password" name="passwrd" size="10" class="input_password" />
               <select name="cookielength">
                  <option value="60">', $txt['one_hour'], '</option>
                  <option value="1440">', $txt['one_day'], '</option>
                  <option value="10080">', $txt['one_week'], '</option>
                  <option value="43200">', $txt['one_month'], '</option>
                  <option value="-1" selected="selected">', $txt['forever'], '</option>
               </select>
               <input type="submit" value="', $txt['login'], '" class="button_submit" /><br />
               <div class="info">', $txt['quick_login_dec'], '</div>';

if (!empty($modSettings['enableOpenID']))
            echo'
               <br /><input type="text" name="openid_identifier" id="openid_url" size="25" class="input_text openid_login" />';

echo '
               <input type="hidden" name="hash_passwrd" value="" />
            </form>

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Wallo

Hi:
Did you only remove code from theme's BoardIndex.template.php or did you move it somewhere else?

I would like to do the same.
Thanks

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: