News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Can SMF support this?

Started by swheeler, November 28, 2017, 05:30:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swheeler

Greetings,

I'm interested in establishing a forum where validated merchants can create a product profile via an individual 'post'. There would be some type of paid subscription mechanism for maintaining this 'marketing' presence in the forum. The marketing post would have some capability for user rating based upon a handful of criteria and support user comments. 'Consumers' of these marketing posts would not be required to pay any subscription.

Is this functionality that SMF can support?

Thanks,
Scott

SaltedWeb

Why I have no used them, I think some mods support this.
You could try searching the Mod area under customize.
Also you can try picking a mod and going to their listing some have paid mods off site.
Not endorsing anything but should be something thats where I would start.
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

swheeler

Thanks for the reply, SaltedWeb. It's most appreciated.

vbgamer45

Paid Subscriptions is a built in feature of SMF.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

SaltedWeb

Quote from: vbgamer45 on November 29, 2017, 12:11:52 PM
Paid Subscriptions is a built in feature of SMF.

I thought the built in subscription only covered group changes ?? 
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

vbgamer45

It does only changing of groups.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Sir Osis of Liver

Paid subs changes groups, the rest is done with group permissions.  You can do some of what you want with this feature, but to do all of it would require custom coding.

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

landyvlad

Create a board for each sponsor and set permissions so only they can create threads, but others can answer / reply.
or set them as mods for that board only.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Advertisement: