vb 3.07 to smf 1.05

Started by wallaha, November 25, 2005, 08:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallaha

how to change vbulletin to smf?please help me abaut this.Thanks a lot...

Elmacik

First, setup a new SMF into the same database with vB. Then download vbulletin3_to_smf.php file. Put it into your server and run it like:
www.site.com/forum/vbulletin3_to_smf.php
Home of Elmacik

walterronny

Quote from: Elmacik on November 26, 2005, 05:01:21 AM
First, setup a new SMF into the same database with vB. Then download vbulletin3_to_smf.php file. Put it into your server and run it like:
www.site.com/forum/vbulletin3_to_smf.php

but you have that to install the version SMF over to Vbulletin ? and next run the www.site.com/forum/vbulletin3_to_smf.php [nofollow] ?

what put in the path of SMF and VB?

P.D Sorry for my bad english.

walterronny

hi again, i tried change vbulletin to SMF in my local server , but when i put the path went out this error :

he installation of SMF in the path you specified is not a version this converter can deal with. If it is older than SMF 1.0, you need to upgrade first. If it is newer, you need to use a different converter.

But i use the 1.1 RC2 version.. i don't understand why went out this error.. i use this conversor.. vbulletin3_to_smf.php.

Help me please.

Thanks

Elmacik

Converters wont work with SMF 1.1 RC2
You should firstly convert to 1.1 RC1 or 1.0.5, then upgrade to 1.1 RC2
Home of Elmacik

walterronny

i downloaded other convert.php and the sql of vb to smf.sql  since here.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=38966.0

OK, i did copy all archives of the folder SMF in folder VB to he convert.php and vb.sql , run convert.php but since directory of the VB, ok ,work, i put the path of SMF and VB, is the same one, is "walter" ( walter is the name folder of the VB and SMF is de name folder of the SMD, but as i did copy all archives of the SMF folder to VB folder..)

the SMF database password dont have, because i didn put it , is a local server, for that.

OK, y click in procced and leaves this error.

Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of vBulletin 3. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the MySQL account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error MySQL gave was: Nombre de tabla ilegal 'user'

i did do good? or no? please helpme, i'm doing in my local server, if i get it, i will convert it already in my hosting.

Please , if you can give me the spets to do the conversion, thanks..

walterronny

ok, i did do in my hosting, and show this error.

Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of vBulletin 3. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the MySQL account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error MySQL gave was: Access denied for user: '[email protected]' to database ''

how can i to give permissions to the database?

walterronny

Advertisement: