News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Registration not working

Started by un_vizitator, November 30, 2017, 08:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

un_vizitator

Hi!
I have a couple of smf forums and with some of them i cannot register. I click on the Register link/button and i get redirected to main page. Example: http://forum.iasix.ro [nofollow] ... HELP!!!

Thank you

Kindred

Have your host disable mod_security
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

un_vizitator

Hi! I have more than one smf installation on that hosting and some of them work just fine without the need of changing anything.

Kindred

Quote from: Kindred on November 30, 2017, 10:45:43 PM
Have your host disable mod_security

Seriously, this is the problem. Your host may have different configurations on the server or there may be some other issue but mod_security is a problem
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

un_vizitator

No, it's not.

Anyway, i did something different: i've downloaded files from a good installation, selected the important files & folders & uploaded into the installation with problem, overwriting everything. And now it seems to work.

un_vizitator

Small update:

Problem was with index.php where 'register' was in some cases 'rregister' .

Hmmm, strange.

Advertisement: