News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Adding CSS Backgrounds (windowbg)

Started by Ilkharnos, December 01, 2017, 06:58:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ilkharnos

Hello,

I would like to add a few more CSS background styles to the windowbg family, like windowbg4 or windowbg5 for example. I created their image files but I don't know how to integrate them to the codes.

What I really need is to make Simple Portal to recognise them as a body class style when I create (or modify) a block. There are currently windowbg1, 2 and 3 in the list.

I would be grateful if you can assist.

AllanD

not much a coder but have you tried something like

.windowbg2 {

color: #fff;
    background: url(../images/theme/backdrop.png);
}

Just change the number to the window bg you want to change and the image url.
and change it in the style sheet
Check out this great sites.
KnD Hosting

Deaks

Quote from: Ilkharnos on December 01, 2017, 06:58:56 AM
What I really need is to make Simple Portal to recognise them as a body class style when I create (or modify) a block. There are currently windowbg1, 2 and 3 in the list.

Allans suggestion is pretty much what you need to do create them in the index.css with a background set as the images like in his suggestion, as for making SP pick them up may be better asking at simpleportal.net for that one.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Ilkharnos

I tried AllanD's suggestion but I had no luck with SP. Maybe I should discuss this further in SP section.

Thank you very much for the assistance.

Deaks

what have you tried fully besides adding the background to the css?
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Ilkharnos

I tried creating new lines for windowbg4 and windowbg5 in index.css, linking them to new png images, just like how AllanD suggested. I didn't try anything further. When I checked them in SP's add/modify block screen, I didn't see any changes. Windowbg4 or 5 wasn't there so I couldn't use them.

AllanD

Trying to remember where windowbg 4 and 5 are used so I can look at the css.
KnD Hosting

Gwenwyfar

Quote from: AllanD on December 02, 2017, 09:30:15 AM
Trying to remember where windowbg 4 and 5 are used so I can look at the css.
They are not used anywhere, he's adding new classes. The html also needs to have them for it to work. CSS "recognizes" HTML, not the other way around, so you need to add these new classes to the portal HTML code (or wherever you wish to use it).
"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

AllanD

That's why I don't remember them I thought SMF only used up to windowbg3. Thanks for posting.
KnD Hosting

Ilkharnos

Quote from: Gwenwyfar on December 02, 2017, 10:30:05 AM
They are not used anywhere, he's adding new classes. The html also needs to have them for it to work. CSS "recognizes" HTML, not the other way around, so you need to add these new classes to the portal HTML code (or wherever you wish to use it).

Like I guessed, but I don't know how to do it. Can you give any assistance? I would be grateful.

Gwenwyfar

I'm not familiar with Simple Portal. If it has a selection of windowbg types, maybe you can see where that is and add the 4 and 5 (along anything that may be linked to that selection).
"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

Ilkharnos

Thank you. I will examine related portal files.

Ilkharnos

I was able to solve it by adding necessary lines to index.css, naming them windowbg4 and windowbg5, than typing these exact names to SP's "Custom Body Class" input box in modify/edit block section.

The solution was in front of my eyes, but somehow I missed it.

Advertisement: