News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Members don't get news letters

Started by bharat, December 02, 2017, 06:23:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bharat

Some of our forum members don't receive any news letters which I send to all members. What can be the reason?

lurkalot

Perhaps they are ending up in their spam box.  Might also be an idea to get them to check their notification settings, see if they have unchecked this,

"Receive forum newsletters, announcements and important notifications by email."

Profile > Modify Profile > Notifications

bharat

Somehow I can see only this in our Russian version of the forum: Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic.
When sending notification of a reply to a topic, send the post in the email (but please don't reply to these emails.)

There is no Receive forum newsletters, announcements and important notifications by email

lurkalot

Strange, you should have this setting, as per screenshot attached.  Hopefully someone from support will come along and help you.

bharat

I can see it in English version but not in Russian one, how can I enable it?

bharat

I checked again but there is nothing like this.

Illori

try updating your language files, it is possible that string was not translated when you downloaded the files.

bharat

Can you explain where can I do that?

bharat

Kiriakos GR

Quote from: bharat on December 02, 2017, 06:23:54 AM
Some of our forum members don't receive any news letters which I send to all members. What can be the reason?

At Newsletter page there is a setting (lower menu)  so the Admin to bypass any members setting about them not like to receive Newsletters.
Before you do anything drastic try to see if this works first.

Next to consider this finding for you another email server with SSL certificate.
Hotmail Gmail and Google they do classify as SPAM all emails not send by SSL email server.

bharat

Quote from: Kiriakos GR on December 02, 2017, 08:44:32 AM
Quote from: bharat on December 02, 2017, 06:23:54 AM

At Newsletter page there is a setting (lower menu)  so the Admin to bypass any members setting about them not like to receive Newsletters.

I didn't really understand where is it, can you please explain in more details?

bharat

I just don't understand why don't I have this option: Receive forum newsletters, announcements and important notifications by email

Kiriakos GR

Quote from: bharat on December 02, 2017, 09:22:59 AM
I didn't really understand where is it, can you please explain in more details?

Screenshot

lurkalot

Quote from: Kiriakos GR on December 02, 2017, 08:44:32 AM

There is a risk attached to doing this. Like annoying people who really don't want to receive them..

bharat

Somehow I don't find it, can you explain where should I click to access it?

bharat

Is there some other way to restore this option and why can't I see it in Russian version only: Receive forum newsletters, announcements and important notifications by email

Kiriakos GR

Newsletters -->  click Advanced TAB   last setting at the bottom.

bharat

lurkalot

Quote from: bharat on December 02, 2017, 10:00:28 AM
Is it in Admin Panel?

It's a setting you can apply when creating a newsletter,

Admin > Main > News and Newsletters > Newsletters.  Click advanced at the bottom of the page to access those settings.

bharat

Quote from: bharat on December 02, 2017, 09:31:41 AM
I just don't understand why don't I have this option: Receive forum newsletters, announcements and important notifications by email

Can someone help me to add this option as well?

Advertisement: