Members don't get news letters

Started by bharat, December 02, 2017, 06:23:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aegersz

Quote from: bharat on December 02, 2017, 10:19:58 AM
Quote from: bharat on December 02, 2017, 09:31:41 AM
I just don't understand why don't I have this option: Receive forum newsletters, announcements and important notifications by email

Can someone help me to add this option as well?

Don't worry about it, it's not the cause of your problem but since you asked ...

source: https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Notifications

Receive forum newsletters, announcements and important notifications by email - If this is enabled, any newsletters or announcements from the forum will be sent to your email inbox. Administrators can remove this option by unchecking Allow users to disable announcements in the section Admin > Features and Options.

Oh, one more thing - when i send Newsletters out to all Regular members, I have to select ALL membergroups, go to Advanced and then remove everybody except "Regular members" otherwise no emails are generated for them ... odd but true for me.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

bharat

Quote from: aegersz on December 02, 2017, 11:02:37 AM
Quote from: bharat on December 02, 2017, 10:19:58 AM
Quote from: bharat on December 02, 2017, 09:31:41 AM
I just don't understand why don't I have this option: Receive forum newsletters, announcements and important notifications by email

Can someone help me to add this option as well?

Don't worry about it, it's not the cause of your problem but since you asked ...

source: https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Notifications

Receive forum newsletters, announcements and important notifications by email - If this is enabled, any newsletters or announcements from the forum will be sent to your email inbox. Administrators can remove this option by unchecking Allow users to disable announcements in the section Admin > Features and Options.

This option was already unchecked. I really wonder why can't I see the option I mentioned earlier?

bharat

I just check with our Super moderator who never gets any newsletters, did the same what you wrote and still everything is the same.

bharat

Quote from: Illori on December 02, 2017, 06:56:56 AMtry updating your language files, it is possible that string was not translated when you downloaded the files.

Can someone help me how I can do that?

aegersz

no, by checking that option you will see what you are missing.

try sending a newsletter just to a very small group that you are in and see if you get it.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Kiriakos GR

Quote from: bharat on December 02, 2017, 11:38:01 AM
I just check with our Super moderator who never gets any newsletters, did the same what you wrote and still everything is the same.

First of ...  Newsletters  this is a task for ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT ONLY.

Second ...  by activating  ( clicking on this setting,) and send one news letter,  this will be send to entire forum members for you to TEST of how many they received it.
This setting it is not permanent selection. 

1) you will need several weeks to get under control your forum.
2) Keep notes on paper of changes that you do.
3) Secure classification email server this is something that does not come with cheap hosting. 

I had to buy secure email server service ( SSL ) , this hosted at other server,  so to stop forum emails and newsletters from classified as SPAM from Gmail and other Email providers.

In conclusion ... PAY and buy secure services,  OR forum communications will be problematic for ever.

Illori

Quote from: Kiriakos GR on December 02, 2017, 05:11:19 PM
First of ...  Newsletters  this is a task for ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT ONLY.

no it is not an admin only task, you can give permission to others via "send a forum email to members" permission in the admin panel.

bharat

Where can I check this option: "send a forum email to members"?

bharat

I just don't understand why our Super Moderator doesn't receive news letters and also a few regular members? The rest are getting everything.

Kiriakos GR

Quote from: bharat on December 03, 2017, 05:04:38 AM
I just don't understand why our Super Moderator doesn't receive news letters and also a few regular members? The rest are getting everything.

1) Collect the names of members that does not receive forum announcements.
2) Check their accounts if they have select accidentally not receiving announcements 
3) If you do find such settings then change it at its one account
4) If everything is good at member profile about settings ?  Then your hosting provider E-Mail server this is blacklisted at several servers.  

This is why we buy  CLEAN & SAFE email server  service, and we protect this server against SPAM, so this to considered legit by other international internet networks.   

bharat

Quote from: Kiriakos GR on December 03, 2017, 06:13:59 AM2) Check their accounts if they have select accidentally not receiving announcements

No one could do that as there is no option Receive forum newsletters, announcements and important notifications by email anymore. I checked with the members and only few don't get any letters but our Super Moderator never gets them.

Steve

Quote from: Kindred on December 02, 2017, 08:04:40 PM
Also, please stop demanding help with a bump only an hour after you post.

This is not a "real time" support site.
You should wait AT LEAST 24 hours before you bump a post.

This is a consistent problem in your last 3 or 4 threads. You'll ask a question and then an hour later make a comment when nothing has changed so now your thread has been 'bumped'. Please stop.
DO NOT pm me for support!

19at250

Have you meanwhile tried to update your language-file..?
They can be found https://download.simplemachines.org/?smflanguages.

bharat

Not yet, will try and see if it helps.

bharat

Should I unzip the folder first and then zip the files again?

Kiriakos GR

Quote from: bharat on December 03, 2017, 06:39:18 AM
Quote from: Kiriakos GR on December 03, 2017, 06:13:59 AM2) Check their accounts if they have select accidentally not receiving announcements

No one could do that as there is no option Receive forum newsletters, announcements and important notifications by email anymore. I checked with the members and only few don't get any letters but our Super Moderator never gets them.

No mate , you will read and investigate total pack of possible issues and not of what you like best, or is cheap for you to handle.

SMF forum this handling:
1) Topic reply - notifications
2) There is selection if a member will accepts receiving emails or Private messages by other members.
3) Newsletters this is third function.

Your presentation of details of what is happening this is poor for us to imagine what is going on.

At least make your mind if members has issues by receiving Topic reply - notifications    Or Newsletters Or Both

bharat

I was talking only about third options when some members don't receive any Newsletters from the forum. The rest works fine.

bharat

Quote from: 19at250 on December 03, 2017, 09:24:19 AMHave you meanwhile tried to update your language-file..?
They can be found https://download.simplemachines.org/?smflanguages.

I just wanted to check do I need to update language files the same way like I add mods on the forum? It shows that the folder is empty or I am doing something wrong?

Illori

our language packs are not package manager install packages. you need to extract the files to the correct location on your server. do keep in mind if you do this it may remove any strings added by mods.

Advertisement: