News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Can I prevent users from changing their email address?

Started by Fat Rat, December 01, 2017, 01:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fat Rat

A subject, can I prevent users from changing their email address?

Kindred

Why would you do that? Are you there should be able to change their email address because email addresses to do occasionally change
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

HDB

This doesn't prevent it but it puts some controls in place should a member change their email. In the Admin CP of your forum  → Administration Center → Security and Moderation → General

Check the option on that page "Require reactivation after email change".

With this option is checked all members who change their email address in their profile will have to reactivate their account from an email sent to that address

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Preventing change, and even requiring reactivation can be harmful on the long run by locking legitimate users out of your forum - I would suggest you carefully consider the options.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: