News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[Help Request] Adding forum header to website

Started by mindseye, December 05, 2017, 01:27:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mindseye

Hi!

I'm sorry if this has been asked, but I have searched and have not found anything in the help articles nor forum so I don't know if this is possible.

I found a forum template that I think looks pretty nice, and I'm wondering if there is a way to include the full header on my main website? I have seen lots of tricks to get my website theme into my forum, but not really the other way around.

*Edit* Forgot to say I may just have to check the html, copy it, and replace the sections with the includes if there is not an easier way.

Thanks for your time and assistance.

mindseye

Looking

You will probably need to edit the theme's index.template as well as the css file. Neither of these should be edited unless you know what you are doing because you can cause your site to go offline or look weird.

mindseye

Quote from: Looking on December 05, 2017, 04:02:16 AM
You will probably need to edit the theme's index.template as well as the css file. Neither of these should be edited unless you know what you are doing because you can cause your site to go offline or look weird.

Thanks Looking. That is what I figured but wanted to confirm lol. I have in the past tried to use bootstrap but that did not go so well, so I started took the html and inserted the SSI commands within.

Thanks for the quick reply and hope you have a great day.

Arantor

Include SSI.php in your site, then call template_header() to display the top part, and template_footer() for the bottom after your content.

Kindred

Also, if you are still using smf 1.1.x, you need to upgrade to the 2.0.x series —- 1.1.x is at end of life and will lose all support soon
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: