News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF 2.0.15 update issue

Started by mitek, December 05, 2017, 05:05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mitek

We are having issues and I am not sure its 2.0.15 upgrade or not.

After the install going from 2.0.14 to 2.0.15 our forum started lagging and page loads are consistently hitting 3 seconds for the majority of our users (4000 members give or take)

It may be a coincidence that it started happening directly after installing the patch/upgrade etc. I dont know BUT it did start almost immediately afterwards and nothing OTHER than the patch had changed...

I have uninstalled numerous add ons and mods, and still same thing completely. We do/did have simple portal installed in 2.0.14 with no problems whatsoever and I am hopeful it woudl be teh same with 2.0.15

What version of PHP do you recommend for this version. We have several different PHP builds on our dedicated server so maybe I just need to point the db toward a different PHP version...

Its frustrating for sure... and thanks for any help at all if anyone has any ideas.

Mike/Mitek Computers
KCF Private Forum

vbgamer45

Php version for 2.0.14 to 2.015 I recommend PHP 7 or 7.1 the latest
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Shambles

Quote from: Colin on November 19, 2017, 07:47:44 PM
Please do not use this topic for support requests.
You will receive a much quicker and better response by posting in the 2.0.x Support Board.

Sir Osis of Liver

This post should be in support.

Anything in your forum or server error logs?  2.0.15 will run in php 5.4 or later.  php 5.6 is earliest version that's still supported, works fine.  php 7 may cause problems with some mods or other scripts you may be running on same server.

Try uninstalling the .15 patch, see if the problem persists in .14.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

LiroyvH

((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

mitek

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on December 05, 2017, 05:11:17 PM
This post should be in support.

Anything in your forum or server error logs?  2.0.15 will run in php 5.4 or later.  php 5.6 is earliest version that's still supported, works fine.  php 7 may cause problems with some mods or other scripts you may be running on same server.

Try uninstalling the .15 patch, see if the problem persists in .14.

I dont think I asked for support but thanks for your input.

Mike
KCF Private Forum

mitek

My apologies. I shouldn't have asked here at all. My bad.

Mike
KCF Private Forum

Sir Osis of Liver

- R. Waters

mitek

Quote from: vbgamer45 on December 05, 2017, 05:09:22 PM
Php version for 2.0.14 to 2.015 I recommend PHP 7 or 7.1 the latest

We are using PHP version: 7.0.26 which is not our latest version BUT closest to latest.

Mike
KCF Private Forum

Sir Osis of Liver

Downgrade to 5.6, see if it helps.  Some 2.0 mods are having problems in php 7.

- R. Waters

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Hi, are you still having issues with performance or have you been able fix things? :)
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

mitek

Sorry for slow reply. I have had cancer and some scans were messing with drs and me so I have been super busy back and forth to docs and hospitals.. anyway we are still having teh lag issue. I have tried every version of PHP installed on my dedicated server and still SOME members are saying there is a minimum 5 second lag anytime they try to navigate teh forum. Im thinking a reload is the only possible solution as I have tried pretty much every other trick in the book.

I returned to version 2.0.14 hping the lag in 2.0.15 would disappear BUT of course it didnt. So Im thinking large upgrade repair 2.0.14 rebild theme and sources directory with new and go from there as I cannot find anything that would cause this lag issue at all.

Thanks.

Mike
KCF Private Forum

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Just a thought, what if you disable hostname lookups? On some hosts I've seen it cause odd lags.
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: