News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

On going Theme Installation problem.

Started by xXxbigdogxXx, December 08, 2017, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xXxbigdogxXx

Hello again.

I am very happy that I was able to finish the installation phase of my Webserver and for that I am very thankful however, I yet again have stumped upon another error or glitch in the installation of my Webserver

I am attempting to install the new Hobbit theme (just for kicks) and well I upload it then click Upload and it acts as if the file was never uploaded and just reloads the page. Is this due to the a permissions problem? I don't think so as I did set everything to 777 so it shouldn't be that. I originally installed SMF 2.0.15 but I experienced the same problem and now it seems like an issue in the 2.1 BETA 3 as well.

Any thoughts?

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Yes, as far as I know, there aren't any themes that are compatible with the beta versions, save one but the name of it escapes me now...
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

shawnb61

If you search the Themes on our theme site, you can actually find a # of 2.1b3 themes available.  None have been officially approved yet...   

But you should find a 2.1 theme, I wouldn't try the 2.0 themes on your 2.1 site.

There is a bug on 2.1 at the moment that makes it impossible to install themes on some unix hosted servers:
   https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1/issues/4395

There is a fix underway.  There is a temporary workaround described in the issue.

Don't know why you are having issues installing themes in 2.0.15.  I'd open a thread over in the 2.0 support board.
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Advertisement: