News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Startaza

Started by nilar, December 07, 2017, 05:35:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rfjardim

Hi Nilar,

Congrats on your theme. It is awesome.

We decided to use your theme as the default for now. ( ******ute. com )

However, as you can see, I have been trying to customize the colours to tons of red to match our brand.

I have fiddled with all the css files but the green still persists.

What files do I have to edit in order to change the colours?

Thank you

nilar

Hi rfjardim! Thank you for using my theme.
The main css file of the theme is index.css. If you change that, most of the work is done.
There are also a couple of things to change in bootstrap.css

I'll also reply to your PM.

Grossy

Hi Nilar

thanks for the nice theme.
have a little isue with th Ü/ü (sorry, just posted it under the 'wrong' Subject).

just installed the nice Startaza theme.
In the header and footer the Ü/ü are missing altough correctly represented in the menu(see attachment).
Anyone knows how to fix this?

Grossy

Hi Nilar,

Problem solved:
Administrator-Center>Serversettings>Konfiguration>'Allgemein'/'general'>Forum Name....>save

Have a nice day.

nilar

Hi Grossy!

Thank you for using the theme. I'm happy you have found the right solution :)

UFT

Quote from: nilar on December 13, 2017, 10:37:52 AM
Quote from: JonasTheGamer on December 12, 2017, 06:39:33 AM
- How can i change the colors on top of the page? (the light- and dark green)
I'm glad you like the theme. To change those colors you have to modify the stylesheets. You can do that from Admin >> Configuration  >> Current Theme >> Modify the stylesheets. (colors, fonts, etc.)

Please PM me and I'll explain which files and lines you have to modify exactly.

Great theme nilar!!  Exactly what I've been looking for.

Can you let me know how to change the green colors to another color?  Which stylesheet?  Thanks!
Vision without action is a daydream.  Action without vision is a nightmare.

nilar

Hi UFT,

I'm glad you like the theme  :)

The main stylesheets are index.css and bootstrap.css. To change the light green you must find and replace all occurrences of #A1B400 with your preferred color. To change the dark green you must find and replace all occurrences of #224A37 with your preferred color.

UFT

Quote from: nilar on May 20, 2018, 03:39:45 AM
Hi UFT,

I'm glad you like the theme  :)

The main stylesheets are index.css and bootstrap.css. To change the light green you must find and replace all occurrences of #A1B400 with your preferred color. To change the dark green you must find and replace all occurrences of #224A37 with your preferred color.

Thank you, Nilar
Vision without action is a daydream.  Action without vision is a nightmare.

prinzgilz

Very nice theme, i love it . we have adopted this theme for our new forum, But i need to get rid of the 'new posts' box that shows on every page. Please how can i do that. and  i also  want to reduce the size of the author details on the right left side of every posts.

prinzgilz

Quote from: nilar on December 09, 2017, 04:55:26 PM
Thanks a lot guys.

lazo50, the theme was designed with the sidebar in mind and it can't be removed from the admin area, but if you pm me your email address I can send you a copy without it.

Hello, please can you also send me the copy of the theme without the sidebar too, my email address is [email protected]

Timanator

How do you change the top light green bar color? I did a replace in index.css for A1B400, all the other light green areas changed in the them, but the top bar remained the same color?

Thanks.

nilar

Quote from: Timanator on May 30, 2018, 08:37:49 AM
How do you change the top light green bar color? I did a replace in index.css for A1B400, all the other light green areas changed in the them, but the top bar remained the same color?

Thanks.

Solved by PM. Thank you for using the theme  ;)

Sir Osis of Liver

Placeholder in search input field does not display when field is open in IE11, only as it closes.  Works fine in FF60.  Can this be fixed?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

nilar

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on June 14, 2018, 01:34:03 AM
Placeholder in search input field does not display when field is open in IE11, only as it closes.  Works fine in FF60.  Can this be fixed?

I am not sure. This is an IE bug known by IE development team since 2014, and apparently never solved.
Basically, unlike other browsers, even Edge, when the input field has focus it gets the normal style of the input field and the placeholder text disappears. When you close the search box, the input field loses focus, and the placeholder text shows up.

Sir Osis of Liver

A bit of a hack, but seems to work in IE11 and FF60 -

index.template.php

<input type="text" id="search" class="searchbox-input" value="Search..." style="color:#aaa;" onfocus="value=\'\';this.style.color=\'#000\';" onkeyup="buttonUp();" required/>

startaza.js

submitIcon.click(function(){
                if(isOpen == false){
                    searchBox.addClass('searchbox-open');
                    inputBox.blur();
                    isOpen = true;
                } else {

Maybe you can do something with it.

- R. Waters

nilar

QuoteinputBox.blur();

Thank you. I am not sure the user would expect this behaviour though.

When I click I expect to input my search keywords immediately, removing the focus you have basically to click again.

Have others using this theme an opinion about this?

Sir Osis of Liver

First time I'm working with this theme, haven't gotten any feedback.  Search input field on most themes requires clicking in the box to begin typing, yours is different because field is hidden until button is clicked to open it.  Don't know how much difference it would make to anyone for it to open with/without focus in the box.  Placeholder apparently only goes missing in IE, not really a big deal, but it's obviously broken because it appears briefly when input field closes.  It's one of those things where it's not perfect either way, so it's a judgement call.

- R. Waters

nilar

ok, thank you for your feedback. I'll do this way, I'll put a check on the browser, if it is IE, then the search box will use blur() instead of focus(). What do you think?

Sir Osis of Liver

Hmm, there seem to be many ways to do this, none of which are particularly reliable, but this seems to work -

startaza.js

if(isOpen == false){
                    searchBox.addClass('searchbox-open');

var msie = ua.indexOf('MSIE');
var ie11 = /Trident.*rv[ :]*11\./.test(navigator.userAgent);
if (msie > 0 || ie11 === true) {
inputBox.blur();
}
else {
inputBox.focus();
}

isOpen = true;
                } else {
                    searchBox.removeClass('searchbox-open');
                    inputBox.focusout();
                    isOpen = false;
                }

index.template.php

<input type="search"  class="searchbox-input" placeholder="Search..." onfocus="value=\'\';this.style.color=\'#000\';"  onblur="value=\'\';this.style.color=\'#aaa\';" name="search" onkeyup="buttonUp();" >

- R. Waters

BNS Marko

Greetings,

Cheers to creating this excellent theme. I already read someone here reported the issue of missing icons, has that been resolved?

Testing so far I managed to reproduce the error on Mozilla and Internet Explorer, but it works fine on Chrome.

On Mozilla the icons are replaced by some symbol,

while on Internet Explorer they are entirely missing

Any solutions for this?

Advertisement: