News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Startaza

Started by nilar, December 07, 2017, 05:35:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonasTheGamer

This is how the icons look to me:
See attachments

thomp4pal

A very nice theme, but i need to turn off the right widget containing 'New post' and 'Popular post'.
Thanks for this sexy theme ;D

nilar

Quote from: JonasTheGamer on December 25, 2017, 06:33:25 AM
This is how the icons look to me:
See attachments

Weird indeed. PM me the URL of your website and I'll take a look.

nilar

Quote from: thomp4pal on December 25, 2017, 02:24:04 PM
A very nice theme, but i need to turn off the right widget containing 'New post' and 'Popular post'.
Thanks for this sexy theme ;D

Do you want to remove the entire sidebar or those 2 widgets only? Please PM details and your email address.

Pippo Giornini

Simply beautiful, functional and professional at the same time. Congratulations, Nilar.

Portugal

Great theme, im using it on one forum mine. Thanks Nilar.

legaziofunk

Dear Nilar,

thanx for the theme.

I do have a couple of issues which have already been adressed in this thread.

Therfore, before "bombing" you with PMs, I thought, maybe it makes sense for you to provide a thread or a simple text file which contains the answers to many aforementioned issues in this thread (since they do not contain too "private" informations).

Just a thought.

Thanx! ;-)
*I am a NEWBIE* Stats as of Dec. 2019
SMF: 2.0.15
Language: GERMAN UTF-8 by default for every user
Theme: CoreTheme
PHP: 7.2
MySQL Version: 5.6.45-86.1-log

legaziofunk

Dear Nilar,

I am having two isseus with your theme that I have adressed in these two threads, but not a solution, yet.

Therefore, I may post them into this thread as a reference and am hoping, this is okay to do.

1. alternative Log-in Box is not functioning:
https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=558391.0
In short: When using the alternative on the right by entering all profile data (name and pass) correctly, there is an error showing up: "Ihre Sitzung ist während des Schreibens abgelaufen. Bitte gehen Sie zurück und versuchen Sie es erneut." (the board is in German) Means: "The session has timed out. Please go back and try again."

2. Theme negates protected boards:
https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=558390.0
In short: After a new post has been done in a protected/hidden board or there is huge traffic in a protected/hidden board, this very post pops up in one or both of the right hand widgets, giving access to any user to this very post and therefore to the protected board, even if the user has no permission to do so.

I'd be very greatful if these issues could be solved.

Thanx!
*I am a NEWBIE* Stats as of Dec. 2019
SMF: 2.0.15
Language: GERMAN UTF-8 by default for every user
Theme: CoreTheme
PHP: 7.2
MySQL Version: 5.6.45-86.1-log

nilar

Hi legaziofunk,

Thank you for using the theme and no problem, feel free to bomb me with PMs :)

If you have downloaded the latest version, point 1) was addressed.

I am not sure about point 2). I will take a look at the threads you created, but I see that other members are already doing a nice work there :)

toasterninja

Hiya, Nilar! Startaza's a great theme, thank you!

I have a question - I'd like to replace the "Recent Posts" block with "Recent Topics" and show 10 instead of 5. I read in another thread that Startaza is using SSI so it shouldn't be too hard, I'm just not sure where to make those changes?

Also regarding hidden boards showing up, I have a bunch of private boards for different project groups, and everything's behaving according to permissions. Users are only seeing what they are allowed to access.

nilar

Hi toasterninja,

Yes, it is not difficult. You must only change the index.template.php file.

At line 471 you must change line

$array = ssi_recentPosts( ...

with this

$array = ssi_recentTopics(10, null, null, 'array');

Also change the line 467

<span>&nbsp;<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=recent">', $txt['new_posts'], '</a></span>

with this

<span>&nbsp;<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=recent">', $txt['new'], ' ', $txt['topics'], '</a></span>

Hope it helps  :)

toasterninja

Quote from: nilar on February 05, 2018, 08:29:34 AM
Hi toasterninja,

Yes, it is not difficult. You must only change the index.template.php file.

Brilliant! Thanks so much!  :D

nilar

You are welcome!  ;)

I didn't test it, but you may also want to use this mod http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1414
to show the Recent Topics On "Recent Posts" page, since the title of the widget still links to that page.

Or you can just remove the link from here

<span>&nbsp;<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=recent">', $txt['new'], ' ', $txt['topics'], '</a></span>

like this:

<span>&nbsp;'', $txt['new'], ' ', $txt['topics'], '</span>

christx

Hi
I got 1 question, how to change the blank names of settings in user-menu?
Just like screen above

nilar

They should not be blank. I got your PM. I'll reply there.

Welicak94

Hi. I'm using SMFPacks ShoutBox mod, and I have this problem (check screenshot) :D
Their mod is fitting and responsive to all themes I tried so far...
So, nilar, can you help me to fix this problem? :)

nilar

Hi! Please PM the URL of your website and I will take a look.

sehalic

Dear Nilar, thank you for your theme, it looks great. I installed but I have some problem not showing some titles or menu titles, can you please check. Thank you.

stripovi.ba/forum/index.php

nilar

Quote from: sehalic on March 27, 2018, 10:48:49 AM
Dear Nilar, thank you for your theme, it looks great. I installed but I have some problem not showing some titles or menu titles, can you please check. Thank you.

stripovi.ba/forum/index.php
Hi!  :) It seems there is some problem with your language file. Try to remove the language, verify that everything works fine with the default English, and then add your language again. If you need further assistance, please send a PM.  8)

sehalic

Hi, Im sending you PM :).

Advertisement: