News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Settings_bak.php unable to read file

Started by xXxbigdogxXx, December 08, 2017, 08:27:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xXxbigdogxXx

SO I am installing a fresh installation of the BETA 3 installation and on the 2nd step it does the check for permissions and everything is writable except for the settings_bak.php this file is either missing or it's being skipped by filezilla because I've transferred the files 4 times and there were no missed files every time. However I am still getting this error.

I have futhermore CHMOD everything to 777 and proceeded to do so in the File Permissions for the folder and did a 777 + the Reclusive option to apply to all directories..

Any thoughts?

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

When was the last time you did a manual upgrade? If that file has never been created before this may happen, there's an easy way to work around it, just upload a copy of settings.php, rename the copy on your PC to settings_bak.php and upload it, then download a copy of both files back down to your PC and try the upgrade again... should it still give you fits, try using 755 instead 777 on the chmod aspect....
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

xXxbigdogxXx

This is a manual installation. not upgrade.

Tried your suggestions and it...     Had worked.

Thank you, maybe someone should reupload the files to include settings_bak.php so this doesn't happen to more people.

shawnb61

This is fixed on the current github version (which must be downloaded from github).  But it is an issue on the 2.1b3 download. 
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Advertisement: