News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Removing/hiding 'Simple Machines' menu?

Started by NewOverlord, December 10, 2017, 10:50:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NewOverlord

On my forum I've hidden the 'Simple Machines' branding from the top of the page, but is there a way of hiding the divide at all? I want to have the 'Tome City' banner we have right at the top if it's possible. The problem is at the moment it has clear divide where the login section is because o the colours.

I've attached an image to show what I mean, but if feel free to ask questions if I'm not making any sense. :)

Sir Osis of Liver

If you're referring to the lighter strip across the top, you will have to modify the sprite - /images/theme/main_block.png.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

NewOverlord

I've tried changing the file at the bottom, as it was obvious there what I was looking for, only it doesn't seem to have changed anything.  I've attached the two images (before then after) so you can see what I did. I may just be editing the wrong thing, so feel free to correct me  :).
Also, thanks for replying.

Sir Osis of Liver

Works for me.  Did you clear your browser?

Actually, I like that a lot better than the original.

- R. Waters

NewOverlord

Yeah, I cleared the cache on my browser a couple of times. Managed to get it working on my main PC now (after trying a few things), but on my tablet and phone it's still not showing up. It's weird, and I'm not entirely sure what to do to fix it.

Sir Osis of Liver

- R. Waters

NewOverlord

Just removed the cache images from a load of other sources, and it appears to open up okay now. Thanks for all the advice, you really have been very helpful.  ;D

Advertisement: