News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

No new users can register on the forum

Started by hiii98, December 10, 2017, 06:13:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hiii98

ughhhhh yet another error with this software.  now users cannot register for a new account.  I even went into the admin panel and tried to register a user myself and get the error

This site can't be reached

The connection was reset.
Try:
Checking the connection
Checking the proxy and the firewall
ERR_CONNECTION_RESET

when trying to register a account via the forum i get a error about the user already having that username and email address (which is impossible as i am making up random ones).  The forum is www.skinwalkerranch.org/forum/  I really could use some help!  THANKS!!

Black Tiger

I don't have any issues registering on your forum.
However, spammers don't have any issues either as I can see, since you don't really use anti spam measures. Only a captcha and that's it.

I registered without having to verify my email address and I'm logged in now. You can delete my account named sometest123 if you want.
I did not encounter any error messages.

So maybe it's your browser/provider, cookies or maybe malware on your pc, I don't know.
I would at least suggest to secure your forum and take several anti-spam measures.
Greetings, Black Tiger

NekoSensei

same for me, it's fine, you can delete sometest124  ...    :laugh:
And you need active mail validation... because i can spam....

For the error i think it's because you server have any problem any time, not your forum.

hiii98

THANKS i was playing around with setttings... let me try to add email verifcation back in and PLEASE try again.  I will try to delete both your accounts.  AGAIN THANK YOU BOTH

hiii98

NekoSensei

i can't register hahaha !

Sorry, but you're not allowed to register multiple accounts at the same time from the same computer.

I must go, see you :D

delete this spam: http://www.skinwalkerranch.org/forum/index.php?topic=1234.0
and this spam : http://www.skinwalkerranch.org/forum/index.php?topic=1233.0

hiii98

so does that mean its broken still? or a normal security feature?  i deleted your other account....

hiii98

i have 788 people "awaiting registration" i have no idea if this means the registration system has been broke for some time or if this is typical spambots?

Kindred

That message is a normal security feature..

And you have people waiting for registration completion because you have turned on "admin approval requiredl for registration... so no registration can be completed until you, as the admin, accept it.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sir Osis of Liver

It's set for immediate registration (hence the spam), registered two test members, no problem.  This is a disaster forum I salvaged back in Sept, started out in 1.1.9, now at 2.0.15, clean install.  Worst GoDaddy server I've worked on. :P  No longer have admin or cpanel access, but iirc, those accounts awaiting activation were already there in original 1.1.9 install.

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Both the original error, and the discussion later on in the topic lead me to think this is a hosting side problem rather than a problem with the software.
Are things working smoothly now, or is there something you need assistance with still?
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: