How do I transfer my SMF 2.0.13 to a new (empty) SMF 2.0.15?

Started by User2, December 11, 2017, 11:17:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

User2

Hello. I can't to update SMF 2.0.13 to SMF 2.0.14 and 2.0.15.
I want to install SMF from scratch 2.0.15 and transfer existing data from SMF 2.0.13.
Tell me how to do it?

Dzonny

Hello there,

Can you please tell us why you can't update your forum to 2.0.14 and 2.0.15?

Sir Osis of Liver

Just upload the 2.0.15 large upgrade package to your existing forum, it will overwrite 2.0.13 files.  There are no database changes from 2.0.13 -> .14 -> .15.  You will have to reinstall mods and customizations.

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

User2

Sir Osis of Liver, mods and customizations are not important to me.
I only have about 5 mods.
And I would again manually installed settings. But I do not know what settings you write. Maybe it's important.

I'll try to do this: Just upload the 2.0.15 large upgrade package to your existing forum,

Sir Osis of Liver

If your forum is running ok in 2.0.13, you don't have to mess with settings.  Large upgrade package does not overwrite Settings.php or Settings_bak.php.

- R. Waters

User2

Sir Osis of Liver, I did it: Just upload the 2.0.15 large upgrade package to your existing forum, it will overwrite 2.0.13 files.
At first glance there is no problem.
Thank you

Dzonny

Not really sure why you haven't used a link in admin panel to perform package manager update, but anyway, glad that this is sorted now. :)

User2

Dzonny, I did so (I can't remember where I read it):
1) downloaded two files (Large Upgrade and language);
2) unpack, copy the language in Large Upgrade;
3) using File Zilla copied Large Upgrade to the folder with the Forum with replacement;
4) then I go to the browser on my forum and update installer appeared, with which I have installed upgrading.

I'm starting to think I was doing something wrong.
Now try to do via the Forum, through the package manager.

User2

Now tried to use for updating the package manager: Admnika - Manager packages - Package Download - Download package - Pack for download. This error occurs.

Downloading a package passed with errors:
"despite the fact that the package was uploaded, it looks empty. Please check whether to write Packages and directory a subdirectory "temp". If you continue to encounter this problem, try to unpack the contents of the package on your computer, and upload the unzipped files in a subdirectory of the directory that you created Packages and try the installation again. For example, if a package called shout.tar.gz:
1) download the package to your computer and unzip the files.
2) using the FTP client to create a new directory in the directory "Packages", such as "shout".
3) download all of the files from the package, unpacked in the directory that you created.
4) return to the package manager and refresh the page. The new package will be automatically found SMF. "

User2

Sir Osis of Liver

If your forum is running in 2.0.15 after uploading large upgrade package, you're done, the patch is no longer necessary.  The upgrade package includes all changes made by the 2.0.15 patch.

- R. Waters

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Have you got everything sorted out?

For future reference, here's a couple of handy links if you need to revisit this issue.

Patching SMF
Upgrading SMF
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: