News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Member Default for Board Notifications

Started by colby2152, December 11, 2017, 06:09:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colby2152

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/notifications

Is there a way to have a default setting for a member group regarding board notifications?  What I want to do is whenever a new topic gets posted in a particular board, then a target member group receives an email notification of the new topic. I don't want them being notified of replies.
ProFSL.com - Pro Fantasy Sports Leagues - Advanced fantasy sports leagues, contests, free chances at cash/prizes, and sports discussion.

Need a server? I am happy to advocate this hosting solution - hands on customer service and reliability is relieving!!!

Illori

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

ninik

Steve,

I have a question here...

The mod that you did link to, is compatible up to 2.0.2.

Assuming that the original poster run on a 2.0.14 or 2.0.15 forum version, will such a mod still be able to run with no issues or will comparability issues occur?

SaltedWeb

I was looking at an idea like this for our Blog on SMF, but then realized as the membership groups that
would be putting out allot of notices and could tax a server. If you have a shared server the host might
be alerted to this high activity. Its why I chose against using this mod unless I get a more powerful server.
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

Kindred

Any mod for 2.0.x will likely work with any other 2.0.x version
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

ninik

colby2152

Thanks for the mod - still tinkering with it.
ProFSL.com - Pro Fantasy Sports Leagues - Advanced fantasy sports leagues, contests, free chances at cash/prizes, and sports discussion.

Need a server? I am happy to advocate this hosting solution - hands on customer service and reliability is relieving!!!

Advertisement: