News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Synchronize with Facebook

Started by Gylenthal, December 11, 2017, 10:33:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gylenthal

I created a forum with SMF last month.
The forum is working fine.

I own also a Facebook Group with the same content as the SMF forum.

I would like to copy all the posts (or what can be copied) to the Forum.

Is this possible?
Where can I find the code for this integration?

TIA

Kindred

There is no active code to do this
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Gylenthal

Quote from: Kindred on December 12, 2017, 12:15:08 AM
There is no active code to do this

Is there an active code to "Share" or "Synchronise" the Facebook messages to the Forum?

Kindred

there are various "share on your timeline" mods.
There is nothing to Synchronize your forum with a group or page nor is there anything to autopost to facebook.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

Especially since autoposting to Facebook is somewhat fraught with violating their T&Cs depending on how you do it.

vkot

I was about to open a thread, but then I saw this one...

I would like to create some code (if it doesn't exist already) to autopost forum posts to facebook page. I guess it can be done with the Facebook API (I haven't touched it yet).  I guess that many forum owners would like to have a feature like this. I don't understand why Arantor thinks that this would be a problem. Also, autopost from facebook to forum would also be nice. If no one hasn't tried it yet, maybe someone can give some tips on how it could be done, and I will try to study about it.
For specialized SMF installation/customization, Web Development, Linux Server Administration, click here.
Για εξειδικευμένες υπηρεσίες στα παραπάνω, πατήστε εδώ.

Arantor

Depending on exactly what you do, platform policy 2.3 might be a problem.

Advertisement: