All of a sudden, everyone on my forum is unable to post.

Started by atomicblue, December 12, 2017, 08:37:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

atomicblue

Whenever anyone tries to reply to a topic, they get the following error message:

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/allantmn/all-antm.net/forums/Sources/Subs-Post.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/php5/lib/pear') in /home/allantmn/all-antm.net/forums/Sources/Post.php on line 103

Not really sure where to start as far as fixing this problem (I took over the forum from someone else so I'm not that savvy when it comes to how these things work), but I can still read existing posts on my forum and access the administrative tools. Would welcome any help.

EDIT: Oh, should have included more info. The forum is http://all-antm.net/forums if anyone wants a look (you'd need to register, though). We're on SMF version 2.0.6.

Arantor

Who are you hosted with? This is a core SMF file, and I wouldn't be surprised if your host removed thinking it was being used for spam (since it contains the email code)

atomicblue

We're hosted with DreamHost. Any way I can check if they're the culprit?

Kindred

Also... you need to upgrade asap..  you are 9 versions behind, including security patches
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

Quote from: atomicblue on December 12, 2017, 09:22:51 AM

Ask them if they removed Subs-Post.php. I would say to put it back but I don't know if you have any mods that would need to be reinstalled.

Sir Osis of Liver

Do you see the file in /Sources directory?  Do you have recent backup?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

atomicblue

Quote from: Kindred on December 12, 2017, 09:38:36 AM
Also... you need to upgrade asap..  you are 9 versions behind, including security patches

Yeah, I'm going to do the upgrading once this is sorted. That I know how to do, at least.

Quote from: Arantor on December 12, 2017, 11:09:19 AM
Quote from: atomicblue on December 12, 2017, 09:22:51 AM

Ask them if they removed Subs-Post.php. I would say to put it back but I don't know if you have any mods that would need to be reinstalled.

I'll get in touch with them now!

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on December 12, 2017, 02:43:14 PM
Do you see the file in /Sources directory?  Do you have recent backup?

As I said above, this site was a hand-me-down from someone else and there's a lot I don't know about - where would I see this directory?

br360

Do you have access to ftp credentials or to your control panel (cpanel or other)?

To check via cpanel, go to File Manager>Public_html>Sources

Then scroll through your source files until you see Subs-Post.php

atomicblue

I'm going to say no, I don't. I take it cpanel is some kind of software I can get? Is it easy enough to use? Probably wouldn't be a bad idea for me to learn these things in case something like this happens again.

br360

You said you took the site over from someone else; who pays the hosting fees? When the account was originally set up with the host, they sent out all that pertinent info (ftp password, cpanel log in info, etc.)

Are you able to get that from the host or at least the person you took over the site from?

atomicblue

I pay the hosting fees now. I never got that info when I took over, but I can contact the person who did and see if they have that info (or I can try getting it from DreamHost). I'll post back here in a bit once I have that info.

Thanks for your help so far!

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: