Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then

Started by coolcrustycat, December 12, 2017, 05:02:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coolcrustycat

Using smf 2.0.15, default theme, no mods.

I believe that there was an error selecting an option in the cookies section of the admin panel.
Unfortunately, this seems to have made it impossible to log back in and correct it as I'm just getting the session verification error..

I've emptied the browser cache 'several times',

the ManageServer.php reads:
array('localCookies', $txt['localCookies'], 'db', 'check', false, 'localCookies'),
      array('globalCookies', $txt['globalCookies'], 'db', 'check', false, 'globalCookies'),
      array('secureCookies', $txt['secureCookies'], 'db', 'check', false, 'secureCookies',  'disabled....

and I'm getting a bit frustrated as it looks like others can't get onto the forum in the meanwhile. There doesn't seem to be any related threads/answers as to how to modify things via just the server to put things right. Any ideas (in simple terms) would be appreciated.

Sir Osis of Liver

Look in your database _settings table, set globalCookies and localCookies to 0.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

coolcrustycat

Thanks. Is there a way that I can get to that file? cPanel has options for repair, delete, rename etc, but doesn't seem to show any way of editing an individual file.

Colin

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

coolcrustycat

Thanks.

I'm not sure how, but I found that file via PhpMyAdmin  and changing the local cookies to 0 made it work again.

Thanks to you both.

Advertisement: