News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Email activation is not work

Started by sonexay, December 10, 2017, 11:58:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonexay

Hi i'm using SMF ver.2.0.15 website www.laoforexboard.com my guest want to register but email activation is not work, does any one could help is solve this issue.
I need to use email activation due to anti-spam.

br360

What do you mean that activation doesn't work? Are they not getting the activation emails? Are members getting other emails (notifications of PM's, topics, announcements, etc.)?

What are your registration settings in your admin section?

sonexay

The member not receive any activation email even in their spam folder.

you can try to register my web board www.laoforexboard.com there is no email sent to your inbox for activation you registering.
however I'd set the register type as Email activation already not admin approve or student activate.

br360

Are members getting other emails (notifications of PM's, topics, announcements, etc.)

Can they check their junk or spam folder to see if emails are going there?

What are your mail settings? Are you using a mail client like gmail or yahoo, or using an email service through your domain? ( ex: [email protected] )

sonexay

Are members getting other emails (notifications of PM's, topics, announcements, etc.) = No any email sir.

Can they check their junk or spam folder to see if emails are going there? = even junk or spam folder also no email too.

What are your mail settings? Are you using a mail client like gmail or yahoo, or using an email service through your domain? ( ex: [email protected] ) = i'm using gmail sir. do i have to use domain email? if so who to setting ?

Shambles

If using gmail, can you access that gmail account and see if any emails appear in the "sent" folder?

sonexay

checked but no sent email there. does anyone could help me how to setting for this case if using Gmail or even hosting email

br360

Gmail has been really finicky lately about flagging newly created email accounts as spam if they send too many emails out. Not sure if that's the issue or if your settings are incorrect.

I would recommend trying to set up an email account on your server and then changing that as the webmaster address in your admin panel. Take a look at this tutorial on how to set up an email account (like admin@yourdomain)-  http://support.hostgator.com/articles/how-do-i-create-email-accounts-in-cpanel

Shambles

Are there any mail-related errors showing in your forum error log?

There was an issue some time ago which resulted (for me, at least) in an amendment having to be made to the SMF mailout code.

https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=544856.msg3870010#msg3870010

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Hi, is this still an issue? Did you try what br360 suggested?

Quote from: br360 on December 12, 2017, 10:02:32 PM
Gmail has been really finicky lately about flagging newly created email accounts as spam if they send too many emails out. Not sure if that's the issue or if your settings are incorrect.

I would recommend trying to set up an email account on your server and then changing that as the webmaster address in your admin panel. Take a look at this tutorial on how to set up an email account (like admin@yourdomain)-  http://support.hostgator.com/articles/how-do-i-create-email-accounts-in-cpanel
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: