Smileys dot not appear above the text box

Started by Seedies, December 13, 2017, 04:22:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seedies

Hello everybody !
Sorry for my english (im a french user  ;) ) but i have a problem. I will try to be clear ^^.

Smileys do not appear when i write a message :

So i checked settings in admin -> forum -> smiley and icone.

If i click on "modify smileys", most of smileys are "not found'.

But some of them are still here , with the option "hidden". So i change "hidden" for "above the text box". I also create a new one for test

But the result is the same : they still do not appear above the text box.
I also tried to change theme ... same results.

Thanks for your help

NB: i also installed version 2.0.15

-Rock Lee-

Did you notice this correctly placed routes? In the brand error log something? Generally that happens when some route is badly placed in my personal experience.

Regards!
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

ninik

Hi Seedies,

Rock Lee's comment is accurate.

I did face a similar problem at the beginning, when I started using the forums.

Here is the reason or reasons why:

1. either you have not linked (the url) of the smileys correctly

or/and

2. if you are using a smiley-package (from my experience at least) some packages do miss some smiley icons.

Hence, check if you are using the "correct" smiley-package and see if you have linked them correctly or open the smiley package and see if all smileys are available in the package.

Keep in mind, it is not a theme problem, or a problem in regards to the simplemachine forum's coding etc.

Focus solely on the smiley section, and your smiley-package, because in my opinion that is where your problem is.

Hope that I could assist you  :)

Kindred

or, given that NONE of the editting buttons are present -- he may not have enabled the display of the editing buttons.... or he may have a javascript error which stops the editing buttons from being displayed.

URL of your forum?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

ninik

Hi Kindred,

or he may have a javascript error which stops the editing buttons from being displayed???

how can such a thing occur in his case? just asking...

Kindred

well, a javascript error can stop the edit buttons from showing...

but, re-reading, it is almost certainly bad paths/filenames.

Seedies -- smilies need to exist in EVERY smilie directory in use...
If you are using the default set of smilies, then you need to make sure that your files for extra smilies are actually in that directory.  The same holds true for any other smilie sets.

This can't always be done through the SMF admin interface. Use your host's file manager or FTP to ensure that all files are correctly present in all directories
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

ninik

Thanks for the reply and clarifications Kindred.

And Seedies,

the last part that Kindred did point out is also very (very) important in your case so as to resolve the issue that you have.

PS: thanks again Kindred

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Hi Seedies, is this still an issue? Did you follow Kindred's advice?
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: