Fatal error: Function name must be a string

Started by serge06, December 13, 2017, 10:56:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Osis of Liver

Your server is running php 5.3.29, you must upgrade at least to 5.4 if you want to run SMF 2.0.15.  upgrade.php should run (haven't tried it), but forum will not.  You may be able to upgrade php in your host control panel, if not ask your host to do it.  Php 5.3 went eol over 3 years ago, currently supported versions are 5.6, 7.0, 7.1, 7.2.  I'm using 5.6.32, works fine with all things SMF.  Let me know when it's upgraded, and I'll upgrade your forum.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: serge06 on December 15, 2017, 03:33:02 PM
I could only upgrade to 1.1.21. Is there any way to add the custom questions during the new member registration, in this version?
You could continue updating by using the large upgrade package. Or did you try this already and hit a problem?
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

serge06

I PM'ed the server login to one of the admins, so hopefully he is looking into the issue.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

OK, let us know if you need further assistance, or if you feel this topic has served it's purpose you can mark the topic solved as well. :)
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: