News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Recommended captcha solution for registration? (None of the mods currently work)

Started by Mammoth, December 13, 2017, 11:28:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mammoth

Hey all! Happy holidays! I am trying to setup captcha on my forum registration but all mods seem to be for SMF versions previous to 2.0.12

I used to have recaptcha but for some reason it vanished away from my admin section. Please advise, all help is appreciated.

hxxp:mammoth.business [nonactive]

Steve

Have you tried installing any of those mods without emulating. Most mods made for version 2.0.x will work.
DO NOT pm me for support!

ninik

did you check admin > configuration > security and moderation > anti-spam and the section of "Configure Verification Methods" if you have enabled captcha (specifically: Visual verification image to display)?

Or am I reading your question wrong?

richardwbb

I would recommend http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1044 It is Google's captcha, and for the forum I am admin of, it doesn't seem to trouble legit registrations.
If my post in this topic looks ambiguous to you, then I'm with Murphy's law and General Stupidity. In other words, trial and error.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

The topic says "none of the mods currently work" - Have you tried and experienced this, or am I reading too much in to this?
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Kindred

first and foremost, CAPTCHA is basically useless.
the new reCPATCHA works OK for now, but will likely soon be broken by the spammers as always happens.
That being said...  any mod for a 2.0.x version will likely work on any other 2.0.x version, by using the emulate feature as noted above.

However,  The best solution for anti-spam is GOOD QUESTIONS.

Please read the FAQ on Spam.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: