Is it possible to use sliding pictures/a slider (jQuery?) in posts?

Started by Dwev, December 15, 2017, 01:30:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dwev

I would like to have the option on my forum to have a slider in posts, something like what can be seen on this page (right after the heading "Workstation-Class Performance in an iMac Design").

Is this possible in SMF?

Maybe with the help of jQuery?

If yes, how?

Dwev

If I understand the info of that mod correctly, that slider can only be on the top of page.

I'm looking for a solution that would work within posts, so with text preceding and after.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Everything is possible, but that is not in the core functionality of SMF, and would require a modification.

As this is not exactly a support issue, I'm going to go ahead and suggest you either try to find a mod, or ask again in coding discussion if you are willing to try doing this yourself. :)
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Dwev

I've searched for a mod before I posted the question, but couldn't find one.

Coding something myself would require learning phone first, I guess, as I'm not a developer.

I was hoping that someone else had searched for the same before and might have a solution. Possibly in HTML, which could be run within html-tags

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

You could try play around with some of the tools meant for standard websites, like Wowslider, http://wowslider.com/help/embed-wowslider-to-iweb-41.html
I have no experience on this, or the Wowslider actually - so can't help much further with that.
If you want help with custom work, coding discussion might be the place :)
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: