search log?

Started by JonasTheGamer, December 16, 2017, 05:37:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonasTheGamer

Hello!
Our forum is getting a lot of guests but almost no one registers (we already got 40k views, 16 members). I saw that some people are searching in the search page. Is it possible to see in a log what they're searching for? Then i could make a post related to that and they will find what they need the next time.
Thanks,
Jonas
P.S. Smf is great!

19at250

As far as I know, there is no logging available for "search"..
What is available can be found in C-panel => Maintanace => Logs

JonasTheGamer

a10

Check the content of smf_log_search_subjects table, maybe stuff of interest in there.
Export the table and open it in notepad++
2.0.19, php 8.0.23, MariaDB 10.5.15. Mods: Contact Page, Like Posts, Responsive Curve, Search Focus Dropdown, Add Join Date to Post.

JonasTheGamer

JonasTheGamer

Yay I finally know what they've searched for! Thanks!

JonasTheGamer

Just a question. I just tried searching something myself but it hasn't been added... How can i fix that?
Thanks
Jonas

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

It is not meant to be a real log of all searches as far as I know, and "fixing" that would probably not be a good idea. But you can still use the log to get an idea of what is being searched for.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: