SMF - Can i replace core files?

Started by aaronpawlak, December 16, 2017, 07:23:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaronpawlak

Hello,

I am completely new to all of this and looking around for help. I have an issue with SMF.Certain graphic files randomly do not load. sometimes links don't work. It happens no matter which theme is used to trouble shoot.Neither of the new test ones have the hxxp:issues.so [nonactive], I m wondering if its the main SMF install thats no good. I was told i can just copy over files from the test directory into the main directory.Just curious has anyone done this? Or has anyone had an issue?
I went through many resources and also SMF demo software but did not find any solution for this issues. Please help me out.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you

Sir Osis of Liver

Which SMF version are you running?  Any mods installed?  Did you install it yourself, or use a host installer? Do you have problems in default Curve theme?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Kindred

And no.., you can not just copy the files and expect everything to work.
When you move files to a different directory or url, you have to adjust the settings to use the new location. Use repair_settings.pho to do this
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: