News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Merging a board into a thread

Started by TMR Guy, December 16, 2017, 12:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TMR Guy

Is it possible to merge a board with 100 threads ish into just one thread?

Arantor

It is possible, though posts will be organised in order of posting, not anything else.

Quick way: go to your profile, to look and layout, change 'quick moderation' to checkboxes. Then you can go to the board, select a page's worth of topics at once, and select 'merge threads' to merge them together. Then rinse/repeat until done.

TMR Guy

Quote from: Arantor on December 16, 2017, 12:43:00 PM
It is possible, though posts will be organised in order of posting, not anything else.

Quick way: go to your profile, to look and layout, change 'quick moderation' to checkboxes. Then you can go to the board, select a page's worth of topics at once, and select 'merge threads' to merge them together. Then rinse/repeat until done.
I'm assuming when you say, "posts will be organized in order of posting" you mean by date posted, correct? If so that's what I want, thanks for the help.

Arantor

No, I mean they will literally be ordered in the order they were created. *Usually* this is the same as the order posted, but it's not guaranteed whatsoever that it will be the case.

TMR Guy

Advertisement: