News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Not customizable "Quick reply"

Started by User2, December 17, 2017, 05:23:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

User2

Good afternoon. Next, a machine translation from Russian into English (I only some fragments change itself), so there may be inaccuracies in steps.

I have a theme: SMF Default Theme - Curve (2.0.14)

I am doing this: Admin Panel - Configuration - Current design theme - User settings - The default Settings for guests and new users - Quick response Form - no show.
But new visitors a "Quick reply form" is set to "default is collapsed".

This problem has existed for several years:
https://www.simplemachines.ru/index.php?topic=10925.new#new

Steve

If you have the quick reply box set to not show as the default and no one sees it unless they change it in their profile, where's the problem?
DO NOT pm me for support!

Arantor

The problem is that the default setting don't work. Or more likely, it's only been set on one theme and not the one that a new user uses because these settings are per theme.

User2

Quote from: Steve on December 17, 2017, 09:36:07 AM
... and no one sees ...
Users can see the "Quick reply".

Arantor, I have one forum theme - Curve.

Illori

how are you testing that it does not work? are you changing the setting for members as well as guests?

User2

Illori, I am doing this: Admin Panel - Configuration - Current design theme - User settings - The default Settings for guests and new users - Quick response Form - no show.
Then I signed up with a new nickname and saw that in profile "default is collapsed".

Written here how that problem was being addressed in response 3: https://www.simplemachines.ru/index.php?topic=10925.new#new

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Just to make sure, are you using the default theme or a different theme than the new member?
Did you change your setting for that through "current theme" or the theme that is the forum default theme?
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

User2

I only have one theme. Generally only one theme. The rest I deleted.
I have a theme: SMF Default Theme - Curve (2.0.14)

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

So in Admin -> Configuration -> Themes and layout -> Member options you selected "Configure guest and new user options for this theme" under Curve.
Then you set "Use quick reply on topic display:" to "Don't show at all".

And still a new member will see the quick reply, am I right?
If so, have you tried changing that option to something else, saving, and then changing it back again?
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

User2

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen, yes, you understood correctly.
I'm doing:
Admin Panel - Configuration - Themes - User settings - The default Settings for guests and new users - change "form of rapid response".
But in the file: Sources/Register.php this option does not change:
$regOptions['theme_vars']['display_quick_reply']

QuoteIf so, have you tried changing that option to something else, saving, and then changing it back again?
Yes, I just changed it to "default is collapsed," and in the file "Sources/Register.php":
$regOptions['theme_vars']['display_quick_reply'] = 0

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

The settings are not saved in Register.php - they are kept in the database. You should NOT edit the source files for settings changes.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Illori

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on December 21, 2017, 12:52:49 PM
The settings are not saved in Register.php - they are kept in the database. You should NOT edit the source files for settings changes.

check the link i posted a few replies up.

User2

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen, in the file "Sources/Register.php" I did so and became so as I wanted:
$regOptions['theme_vars']['display_quick_reply'] = 0

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: Illori on December 21, 2017, 12:54:27 PM
Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on December 21, 2017, 12:52:49 PM

check the link i posted a few replies up.

Oh, I missed that. And an old one too....
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: