Update.php

Started by Gylenthal, December 17, 2017, 10:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gylenthal

I keep receiving every time the same error.
Database version seems to be a different version as the other files.
I should try to "Update" the Database.

I contacted my Host provider, and laconic answer was "Try to run Update.php".

But when I look at my SMF directory, I can not find a file named "Update.php".

Where is the file "Update,php"?
How do I "run" this file?

TIA

Sir Osis of Liver

Where are you seeing the error?  Database version error can usually be ignored, there were no database changes in 2.0.x.  The upgrade scripts (including upgrade.php) are in the large upgrade package, and are run by direct link to your forum root, but if you're running a 2.0 forum with 2.0 database, you should not have to use it.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Gylenthal

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on December 17, 2017, 10:49:52 PM
Where are you seeing the error?

(Simple Machines Community Forum » SMF Support » SMF 2.0.x Support » Topic:  Database error)

------------------------------------------------------------
MySQL server has gone away
File: /home/u000000000/public_html/Sources/Subs-Post.php
Line: 1816

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0.15, while your database is at version 2.0.14. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on December 17, 2017, 10:49:52 PM
Database version error can usually be ignored, there were no database changes in 2.0.x.  The upgrade scripts (including upgrade.php) are in the large upgrade package, and are run by direct link to your forum root, but if you're running a 2.0 forum with 2.0 database, you should not have to use it.

Can you tell me where I can find "Upgrade.php"?
Where is the "large upgrade package"?
Which direct link to my forum root are you talking about?

br360

This seems to be a host issue, and you do not need to do an upgrade or run upgrade.php.

Take a look at this link- http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/MySQL_has_gone_away_/_Lost_connection_to_server_during_query#msg3891

Who is your host?

Gylenthal

Quote from: br360 on December 18, 2017, 01:23:17 AM
This seems to be a host issue, and you do not need to do an upgrade or run upgrade.php.

Take a look at this link- http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/MySQL_has_gone_away_/_Lost_connection_to_server_during_query#msg3891

Who is your host?

My host is Hostinger.com [nofollow]

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

As stated, you can ignore the version error - what you should worry about is the "MySQL server has gone away" error.
That is most likely something you can not fix yourself, and should address your host about.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: