News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF Quote modification

Started by silber112, December 19, 2017, 03:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

silber112

Hello  ;)

I would like to change the structure of the quotes in my forum

When you click on the quote boton this comes out:

[  quote author=USER link=_____ date=_____]
TEXT
[  /quote]

I would like to change that including @USER, it would look like this:

[  quote author=USER link=_____ date=_____]@USER
TEXT
[  /quote]

The purpose of this is to notify my users when someone quotes them..(I have instaled in my forum the metion mod).

¿What files do I have to edit to archive that? THANKS IN ADVANCE  ;D

silber112

Just found the code in subs.php:

array(
'tag' => 'quote',
'parameters' => array(
'author' => array('match' => '([^<>]{1,192}?)'),
'link' => array('match' => '(?:board=\d+;)?((?:topic|threadid)=[\dmsg#\./]{1,40}(?:;start=[\dmsg#\./]{1,40})?|action=profile;u=\d+)'),
'date' => array('match' => '(\d+)', 'validate' => 'timeformat'),
),
'before' => '<div class="quoteheader"><div class="topslice_quote"><a href="' . $scripturl . '?{link}">' . $txt['quote_from'] . ': {author} ' . $txt['search_on'] . ' {date}</a></div></div><blockquote>',
'after' => '</blockquote><div class="quotefooter"><div class="botslice_quote"></div></div>',

The issue is that the link doesnt work as it should :(

Arantor

No, you won't want to modify it there - that's the bbcode where it renders. You need to modify the routine that actually spits out the original bbcode in the first place.

I haven't tested it but I'm pretty sure all you need to do is modify Post.php in two places:

Code (find) Select

// Add a quote string on the front and end.
$form_message = '[quote author=' . $mname . ' link=topic=' . $topic . '.msg' . (int) $_REQUEST['quote'] . '#msg' . (int) $_REQUEST['quote'] . ' date=' . $mdate . ']' . "\n" . rtrim($form_message) . "\n" . '[/quote]';

Code (replace) Select

$form_message = '[quote author=' . $mname . ' link=topic=' . $topic . '.msg' . (int) $_REQUEST['quote'] . '#msg' . (int) $_REQUEST['quote'] . ' date=' . $mdate . ']@' . $mname . "\n" . rtrim($form_message) . "\n" . '[/quote]';

Code (find) Select

$context['quote']['xml'] = '[quote author=' . $row['poster_name'] . ' link=topic=' . $row['id_topic'] . '.msg' . (int) $_REQUEST['quote'] . '#msg' . (int) $_REQUEST['quote'] . ' date=' . $row['poster_time'] . ']' . $lb . $row['body'] . $lb . '[/quote]';

Code (replace) Select

$context['quote']['xml'] = '[quote author=' . $row['poster_name'] . ' link=topic=' . $row['id_topic'] . '.msg' . (int) $_REQUEST['quote'] . '#msg' . (int) $_REQUEST['quote'] . ' date=' . $row['poster_time'] . ']@' . $row['poster_name'] . $lb . $row['body'] . $lb . '[/quote]';

silber112

You are awesome!

Thanks a lot!!!  ;D

Advertisement: