News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Can't login

Started by trulynorway.com, November 28, 2017, 10:48:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trulynorway.com

Hi

We can't do a normal login to our smf forum after installing oneSocial login.

Site: hxxp:elbilforum.no [nonactive]

I can however register via the oneall social and facebook to login, and in this way get in to the forum, but I can't get to the admin menu.

I want to disable the mod, but I can't open the admin area. Is there a way to disable the extra password with myPHP ?

I have tried to restore the backups in pagkages with no help.

Anyone who can help me?

Lars

SaltedWeb

have you tried logging in at admin >?      yoursite.com/index.php?action=admin

Then you could remove the offending Mod.
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: trulynorway.com on November 28, 2017, 10:48:48 AM
I have tried to restore the backups in pagkages with no help.

What exactly did you do?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

trulynorway.com

I installed the OneAll social login mod.

After I did that, the normal login prosedure doesn't work.

I can log in as admin with the facebook social login, but I can't get to the admin area.

Then I downloaded the backups from packages, and uploaded the files from before the backup. That didn't help.

Is there a way to disable the social plugin or to disable password to get in to the admin with the DB tables?

Illori

you would need to post in the mods support topic for further assistance on this.

Sir Osis of Liver

Is the mod currently uninstalled?  Can you pm admin username/password? 

You can hack the password in _members table, but don't think that will solve your problem.

Quote from: trulynorway.com on November 28, 2017, 04:38:58 PM
Then I downloaded the backups from packages, and uploaded the files from before the backup. That didn't help.

Looking at your forum, the mod is still installed, I see it in register template.  If you correctly uploaded package backup from before mod was installed, it should be gone.

- R. Waters

Kindred

Sir osis.... instead of getting all their login information and doing it for them, it would be more beneficial in both the short and long term to teach them what to do and have them do it.   Otherwise, the next time something happens, the admin won't be able to learn to fix it themself.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sir Osis of Liver

Give a man a fish .....

I don't disagree, but it's often difficult to determine what the problem actually is without having some level of access to the forum.  I usually try to explain what was done to fix the problem, for the benefit of the forum owner, and others who may find the topic after I'm gone.

- R. Waters

Illori

if you ask the right questions it is often possible to figure out what is going on and fix it without access to their system. we have done it for years here without asking for access.

drewactual

meanwhile, I'm considering propositioning Sir Osis (offer of beer possibly?) to review the innards of my site as a pure precaution

I appreciate everything all of you guys do for us!  if the engine was impressive and helpful enough, the supporting community is fantastic.

back on point:  that particular mod gave me enough grief that i disbanned it... it was installed, found out to be an issue, nothing else changed in the meantime- and i tried to remove it?  errors... had to pluck it out line by line.  this is a conversation better for the mod's support thread, no?  but point being- that mod isn't a team player.. I don't know (didn't research it; just whacked it) if it was in conflict with something else already residing on the forum or what- i just wanted to be back on the runway (as many here do and what Sir Osis eluded to).

Sir Osis of Liver

The mod is still installed, you can't uninstall it with package manager because you can't login (500 error).  This mod creates it's own database tables, that's why facebook login works, but admin access doesn't.  Restoring the package backup should have fixed this.  Can you give me ftp access?

- R. Waters

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

There are ways around the issue.
If you can register, you can make yourself admin through DB to gain access to admin functions.
If you have FTP or cPanel access, then /Packages/backups will have copies of changed files from mod installations.

If you do not have many mods installed, you can also revert to a clean set of files from the large upgrade package.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on December 22, 2017, 12:17:41 AM
If you do not have many mods installed, you can also revert to a clean set of files from the large upgrade package.

Actually better, see this documentation https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/How_to_upload_a_fresh_set_of_files
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: