Cannot login to my forum

Started by carbar57, December 20, 2017, 08:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carbar57

I keep getting this error

Can't login as admin or as dummy member

So what can I do ?

Sir Osis of Liver

Which SMF version are you running?  Which theme?  Is that happening in the header login?  Have you tried the 'Login' menu option?  Can you login in Curve?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

carbar57

Version 2.013
Theme: Alpha Centure then switch back to default theme (might be curved), temporarily.
Tried all login fields. Same error again

Sir Osis of Liver

Link to your forum?  Can you pm test member login info?

- R. Waters

carbar57

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Try to login through

http://yourdomain/index.php?theme=1

OR through an error message, like try to view a member only area or a user profile as a guest, and use the login link in the error message.

Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

carbar57

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on December 21, 2017, 01:04:49 AM
Try to login through

http://yourdomain/index.php?theme=1

OR through an error message, like try to view a member only area or a user profile as a guest, and use the login link in the error message.
Tried that. Didn't work.
And there is no login link in the error message.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

When did this start, did you do something like install an update or a mod?
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

carbar57

No ... Only changed themes then logged out.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Could you give me a link to see?
Perhaps PM me a test login?
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Something is off there, and not just logins, have you installed any mods to the forum?

You could try running repair_settings.php to begin with, and check that everything is correct there.
https://download.simplemachines.org/index.php?tools

With your current forum state, I would perhaps also instruct you to try do a large upgrade (rewriting all files) or a complete reinstall to see if that fixes things.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Sir Osis of Liver

Running Curve, everything else is working, registration disabled.  Any mods?  How did you get to 2.0.15?

- R. Waters

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

The theme at least is mangled, I really suggest you do a large upgrade - overwrite all files. If this does not fix it, then at least we know the error is not in botched code. The forum seems to be missing some actions that are built in every SMF, so the code is not really "clean"...
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

carbar57

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on December 21, 2017, 03:58:55 PM
Running Curve, everything else is working, registration disabled.  Any mods?  How did you get to 2.0.15?
Well not everything is working ...  I still cant login. I still have 2.0.13.   
I can't say what mods I have, because I need to login to see them.
Registration was turned due to bots and spammers trying to join.

Were you able to login with the details I sent in the PM ?

carbar57

carbar57

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on December 21, 2017, 04:11:02 PM
The theme at least is mangled, I really suggest you do a large upgrade - overwrite all files. If this does not fix it, then at least we know the error is not in botched code. The forum seems to be missing some actions that are built in every SMF, so the code is not really "clean"...
I don't know how to do anything you suggested and it seems to me, I have to be able
to login to do what your suggesting.

The only way is through my CPanel but what file am I looking for and what needs to be edited.

This is what I think. The error code is showing probably because a value has changed somewhere.
Possibly it may be that simple, but it may be much more than that.

What do you think ?

I really don't want to overwrite all files because then I may lose 5 years of added posts.

Sir Osis of Liver

Posts are in your database, uploading clean files doesn't touch content.  Not on my computer so can't post the link, but look in wiki for 'upload clean set of files'.  Short explanation - download large upgrade package, unzip, upload to forum root.  Delete all upgrade files (no need to run it).

- R. Waters

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

carbar57

Apparently I have 2.0.1.5 ... Got my son to look at it, even he's not familiar with SMF.

Somehow he's almost fixed it. Can login through theme, but then displays
alphacentauri203 theme but when I log out, it reverts to curve theme.(default)

He doesn't know how to fix that. Of course I want my visitors and members
to see the alphacentauri203 theme. It works better on mobiles.

To see what I mean ... Try the details I sent you in the PM

Any ideas how I can fix that.

Sir Osis of Liver

You have to reset the theme for all users in Admin -> Themes and Layout.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: