News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Trouble with sending newsletter im SMF 2.08

Started by inkie, December 21, 2017, 11:19:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

inkie

When trying to send a newsletter to forum members, everything goes fine - but for the members receiving the newsletter, the letter contains nothing... no theme and no content.

I have of course double checked that the theme for the newsletter and the content was written correctly

Anyone knows how to fix this?

Thanks
William

Illori

are you adding html to the newsletter?
also you should upgrade to 2.0.15 for security.

inkie

In this particular newsletter, I did not add HTML

I havent upgraded.. lack some information on how to do that, and I am afraid of ruining things when I mess with anything on the forum.

vbgamer45

In the package manager in the SMF panel there should be a link to download the new version then it installs via the package manager 99% of the time it is painless.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

inkie

There is a choice for upgrading after I have logged in as administrator on the forum...

It reads "Install now"

Can I just use this option?

It says: "This patch file will provide important stability fixes to your SMF 2.0.8 forum."

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

inkie

The patching went fine, but it did not solve the problem with the newsletter.

The newsletter arrives as PM but with no title and no content still.

Illori

does it arrive if you send it by email correctly?

vbgamer45

Quote from: inkie on December 21, 2017, 11:55:36 AM
The patching went fine, but it did not solve the problem with the newsletter.

The newsletter arrives as PM but with no title and no content still.

keep patching are you on 2.0.15 now?

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

inkie

I chose to send in HTML but no email was generated

I have patched until 2.10... probably I should only keep on until I reach latest version.

inkie

I tried now for the fourth time after updating to 2.0.15 version of SMF, but still no email, no PM with content - only a totally empty message arriving to the members.

Illori

inkie

Quote from: Illori on December 21, 2017, 12:15:09 PM
what is content of the newsletter?

It is litterally nothing... no content whatsoever... even the title that I write when I create the newsletter is gone.

Illori

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

So let me get this straight - correct me if I got something wrong.

You are using the Admin -> Main -> News and newsletters -> Newsletter functionality to send an email to a select group ( or all groups ) - Right?
Using either e-mail or PM options the newsletter is completely empty on both occasions - Right?

Have you tested both plain text and html?
Do you have any mods installed that might interfere?

EDIT: Sorry Illori, didn't notice you there :P
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

inkie

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on December 21, 2017, 12:49:41 PM

You are using the Admin -> Main -> News and newsletters -> Newsletter functionality to send an email to a select group ( or all groups ) - Right?
Using either e-mail or PM options the newsletter is completely empty on both occasions - Right?

Have you tested both plain text and html?
Do you have any mods installed that might interfere?

Answers:

Yes.. I have done exactly all the things you mention...  I have tried both HTML and PM version...also plain text....

But about MODS... I do not know.. I do not have any that I am aware of.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Could you check your installed packages just to make sure. You can find the list in Admin -> Main -> Package Manager -> Installed packages.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

inkie

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Any other packages there, besides updates?
I'm only asking, so I know what to look for, and how to proceed in eliminating possible causes.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: